Invasion of Arendia Artwork

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

If you are still looking for a lever image, I made this, it's just something I threw together right now cuz I'm home and sick.

I personally like the Warden image without the solid definition of the edge...
Attachments
Lever for the Naga scenario
Lever for the Naga scenario
lever.png (626 Bytes) Viewed 2748 times
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Skizzaltix wrote:If you are still looking for a lever image, I made this, it's just something I threw together right now cuz I'm home and sick.

I personally like the Warden image without the solid definition of the edge...
although it is about as good as what I currently have, it has the disadvantage of looking 2D, when my current one is believably 3D, sorry.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

That's okay, I had that complaint of it myself, but I don't feel like re-drawing it right now.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Oreb wrote:Everyone loves Wayfarers style, and with the new Necro-line, Jetry seems to just bordering on his style. Except just cleaning it up and making it more recognizeable.
That's because wayfarer drew those images, originally.
And I did the cleanup (which was kinda necessary for team-coloring).

It's just like that time when good 'ol Lo Pan was staring down our group of heros through a beholder, and says "You hear that, Egg Shen? It's the best of two worlds!"

:roll: Aaaanyways, back to getting work done...
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

irrevenant wrote:He looks a little hazy now; I think the colours are a bit too desaturated?
personally, I wouldn't think so, but it could explain why he can look odd next to the other units, I'll give it a try.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

He looks a little hazy now; I think the colours are a bit too desaturated?
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Ranger M wrote:
irrevenant wrote:He looks a little hazy now; I think the colours are a bit too desaturated?
personally, I wouldn't think so, but it could explain why he can look odd next to the other units, I'll give it a try.
No, you're right, sorry. I've had another look, and it's not saturation. It looks to me like the brightness/gamma is unusually high. That causes him to appear as though he's lighted differentl than the other units, and reduces the contrast, making him look a bit 'washed out'.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Jetryl wrote: ...

That's because wayfarer drew those images, originally.
And I did the cleanup (which was kinda necessary for team-coloring).

Being fair you made more than a clean up I know my old concepts and they weren't that good.

@RangerM
You should try to play a little with the contrasts on the edges which doesn't mean a one pixel border. Make instead a 2 or 3 pixels width border. Sounds strange isn't it. Make the transitions fluid. One pixel with low contrast is nothing 3 or 4 pixels in a bunch is very much.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

wayfarer wrote:@RangerM
You should try to play a little with the contrasts on the edges which doesn't mean a one pixel border. Make instead a 2 or 3 pixels width border. Sounds strange isn't it. Make the transitions fluid. One pixel with low contrast is nothing 3 or 4 pixels in a bunch is very much.
sounds, odd, but I'll give it a try.

3 pixels is allot though...