Need sprites for LoTR mod

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
erathoniel

Need sprites for LoTR mod

Post by erathoniel »

I need a Ringwraith for my LoTR Mod. Does not need movement sprites, as I like to play Wesnoth like a miniature game... but I've made an Legolas,Gimli,Aragorn,Boromir,Sauron, Galadriel, and Smaug out of base sprites, so I could use custom sprites for them too. E-mail me at erathonielwoodenbow@yahoo.com. Please make sprites movie realistic, if possible (Smaug from book illustrations). If I get LoTR character sprites, I will make a new character if I haven't made one for them yet. Custom avatar characters: Erathoniel:Human-Elf (Human garments with a rapier on a elf) and CSQ: Squirrel (don't ask! :roll: ) I will include your avatar too (PG rating please).

EDIT: I may make a Redwall mod too, so send me Redwall sprites too. (Redwall Brian Jacques' best selling fantasy novel with human sized English accent-speaking rodents, in medieval times.)
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

"Mod"?
What do you mean? Campaign, era or MP[1] Scenario?

[1]MP - Multiplayer.
scott

Post by scott »

I bet you could try putting the shadow unit on wayfarer's horse (search for crazy horse thread)
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
erathoniel

Mod specs:

Post by erathoniel »

If I get enough units/heros I will make it an era, but for now it is just a patch-in to the multiplayer.cfg file under the appropiate sides. :oops:
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Hate to be a spoiler again but keep in mind that we dont own the license to use LotR characters or version derived from them... so we have to create a bunch of randomly selected generic characters:

Generic Grey robed archmage
Generic White robed Great Mage
Generic Multihued robed Great Mage
Generic Tall Ranger
Generic Elf Archer (already got it)
Generic Dwarf Figther (already got it)
Generic Non-dwarf Small Person with hairy feets
Generic Undead Spectre Riders (Check Neo sprites)
Generic Giant Spider (We got it)
Generic Corrupted NDSPWHF

Otherwise better dont put it in the campaign server
Kharn

LOTR

Post by Kharn »

Hey its Kharn

I see the desire for the creation of LOTR in wesnoth.
My mod is under way.

Ill have a fourm up soon.

I hope we can join in our effort to produce what should be the most popular mod for wesnoth.

Ill contact you when the forum is up.

if you want to look at some early work goto
rgarner.freeshell.org/middle_earth.zip
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Re: LOTR

Post by freim »

Kharn wrote:Hey its Kharn

I see the desire for the creation of LOTR in wesnoth.
My mod is under way.

Ill have a fourm up soon.

I hope we can join in our effort to produce what should be the most popular mod for wesnoth.

Ill contact you when the forum is up.

if you want to look at some early work goto
rgarner.freeshell.org/middle_earth.zip
Actually, I would rather see people expanding the Wesnoth universe instead of making knockoffs from some commercial product, which will have all sorts of license problems.

Edit:

* Basing a campaign or scenario on copyrighted material
Background: Many have suggested a campaign based on Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or other copyrighted work
Result: While this sounds at first like it could be fun, this is also generally illegal, and we don't want to expose the project to attack because you couldn't be creative enough to come up with something original. We don't want anything of this nature hosted on the campaign server, forum, or wiki. We also would like to keep the forum free from discussion about how you plan on doing this. It may be possible to skirt legal issues through careful research and compliance with the laws involved, but this never happens in practice.