Wesnoth title logo.

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

The images are good, but I don't think it really fits. When you see it, you first of all see an undead, and then two sword, which can be human and elvish.
So it makes you think that there are three faction, and the undeads are over-represented.

Woodlize's new logo is better. But it still doesn't seem very professional. A shield or any weapon that would been added to it would be great, maybe to underline it.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
XJaPaN

Post by XJaPaN »

I liked the idea to replace the t with a sword.
unsung

Post by unsung »

heres an idea:
make the words Battle for wesnoth larger, and put the units from the game (maybe shrunken down a bit) behind it, seperated by their factions.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Woodwizzle: Inkscape doesn't seem to be able to do much with your most recent .svg. I can't convert the text to a path; the "The Battle For" displays wrong, and basically all I can do is copy the whole text, scale the whole text, and change the colors.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
gpetersz

Post by gpetersz »

I think the current logo is all right as the new ones as well.
What is the most painful is the menu-title background image.
That should be changed. Here I've seen many talented artist (who did the portraits, for example?), so it can't be as hard.
Disto

Post by Disto »

gpetersz wrote:I think the current logo is all right as the new ones as well.
What is the most painful is the menu-title background image.
That should be changed. Here I've seen many talented artist (who did the portraits, for example?), so it can't be as hard.
Well quite alot of us are pixel artists and it'd take like a month for us to do it. And we have 3 people who do our portraits, 1 seems to have gone, another i believe has work and the 3rd does user campaigns as well. Jetryl said he'd try but said it was more then he could handle....
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
TimothyP
Music Contributor

Post by TimothyP »

All of the posts have been good. As of now, I'd say that Elvish Pillager posted the most professional looking logo. I would say to keep going in that direction. The stretched W in Woodwizzles later post was too much. Makes it cartoony.

Elvish Pillager has the right idea, IMO. Sweet work, guys! It's great you are able to mod text this way.

--Timothy
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

unsung wrote:heres an idea:
make the words Battle for wesnoth larger, and put the units from the game (maybe shrunken down a bit) behind it, seperated by their factions.
The idea is quite good. But in that case, take the best units, attacking, and all lvl3. I just don't know where to put them on the logo.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Yeah, I still wasn't happy with the W either. Here is hopefully my last go at it. I think it looks good and I can finally bring it into the gimp to flesh it out with some details!
Attachments
BFW.png
BFW.png (14.07 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

And of course I forgot the SVG again. Dunno what was wrong with the last one EP, better luck with this one.
Attachments
newlogo.zip
(6.45 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
TimothyP
Music Contributor

Post by TimothyP »

I like how that "W" looks. I think the words "the battle for" should also be in the font for "Wesnoth". Maybe it is already and I'm just not seeing it. Also, I think maybe the "W" shoudl be closer to the "e".

Good work though, add the effects and this is really getting somewhere.

--Timothy
Elvish_Pillager

The "The Battle For" still loads wrong, so I copied it from my browser and traced it with brightness threshold 0.55.
Attachments
Wesnoth_Logo2.svg.zip
(14.38 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Wesnoth_Logo2.png
Wesnoth_Logo2.png (74.33 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I think the "The Battle for" should remain in black, or at least in a plain color without gradients. This would also make the "Wesnoth" show up.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

Ok I converted the text object to a path. Hopefully That'll fix the troubles you're having TP. I also moved the W closer and tweaked the new seriffs on it . They were stolen from the T but needed a little work to get better integrated with the W.
Attachments
FinalLogo.zip
(11.53 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Elvish_Pillager

Attachments
Wesnoth_Logo3.svg.zip
(31.99 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Wesnoth_Logo3.png
Wesnoth_Logo3.png (71.85 KiB) Viewed 2381 times