Wesnoth title logo.

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Kaleh? I think you mean Konrad. UtBS isn't official yet. ;)

We have a really high-resolution version of the map... it should be easy enough to get a better resolution for the background.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Kaleh/Konrad, I get the two names confused often. And I have only myself to blame for the naming similarity. I meant kaleh, or the guy with red hair thing, whatzit, doodad, thingimabob, whatever. :-)

Still, I think a light logo on a dark background would look better than the current color scheme.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Just an exemple of how its looks like with a little recolorisation (it took a few seconds in gimp to darken the image), so the logo stands out better and it still has a parchment look.
I prefer it slightly darkened like this.
(As you can see it's in french..)
Attachments
sshot.jpg
sshot.jpg (138.31 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
Lindir The Green

Post by Lindir The Green »

looks kinda pink.
"The men of Wu and the men of Yueh are enemies; yet if they are crossing a river in the same boat and are caught by a storm, they will come to each other's assistance. Hence it is not enough to put one's trust in the tethering of horses� -Sun Tzu
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

I had a bit of a tinker in the GIMP to increase the contrast.

Basically, I've faded the map, tinted it brown, added a dark shadow behind the logo and darkened the text and buttons boxes.

I'd like to do more wih the logo, but I'm using the original image jpg as the background and I need to cover the original logo :oops:. IMO a heavier font should be used to make the text stand out more.

It's far from perfect, but hopefully you get the idea...
Attachments
higher contrast title.jpg
higher contrast title.jpg (190.55 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Nice work. The darker map background does look better.
Loki

Post by Loki »

irrevenant wrote:I'd like to do more wih the logo, but I'm using the original image jpg as the background and I need to cover the original logo :oops:. IMO a heavier font should be used to make the text stand out more.
images/misc/title.png is the background sans logo, and logo.png is, well, obvious. I was surprised they weren't plastered into one file, but this is way nicer for those of us playing with our graphics.
nonobots

Post by nonobots »

I prefer this darker version. It has more contrast.