Dunefolk fighter portrait

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Elven

Dunefolk fighter portrait

Post by Elven »

Hello. Maybe a stupid idea, but can we add a portrait to the Dunefolk Soldnier? Think is, that we allready have an image, i believe.

If you chceck portraits, you can see in 1.15 files, that loyalist swordsman have multiple portraits. 1st is used, what is okay. Second is not. And the third one looks much more like Dunefolk Soldier than like a loyalist swordsman. Do you agree? Can we simply use it?

Swordsman-3.png
Attachments
swordsman-3.png
swordsman-3.png (46.84 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
Last edited by Elven on February 13th, 2021, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Dunefolk fighter portrait

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

According to this, the entire faction will be getting portraits sometime between 2021-2022. Thus, a temporary placeholder at this point seems rather irrelevant.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Ashmyr

Post by Ashmyr »

Elven wrote: February 13th, 2021, 6:41 am Hello. Maybe a stupid idea, but can we add a portrait to the Dunefolk Soldnier? Think is, that we allready have an image, i believe.

If you chceck portraits, you can see in 1.15 files, that loyalist swordsman have multiple portraits. 1st is used, what is okay. Second is not. And the third one looks much more like Dunefolk Soldier than like a loyalist swordsman. Do you agree? Can we simply use it?

Swordsman-3.png
Oooh..I do like this idea. If it isn't implemented in main, I think I'll still use this suggestion on my own modded version of Wesnoth. :)
Novice campaign creator.
Developer of "Dwarvish Kingdom" for 1.14.x; intermediate Dwarvish campaign. Any and all constructive feedback, is greatly appreciated! If you have played it, please DM me :)
More campaigns to come soon :)
LordBob
Portrait Director

Post by LordBob »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: February 13th, 2021, 6:48 am According to this, the entire faction will be getting portraits sometime between 2021-2022. Thus, a temporary placeholder at this point seems rather irrelevant.
It will. 2022 is likelier seeing where we currently stand and how I didn't do as much as I had planned for 1.16, but Dunefolks are definitely still on my list
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
Elven

Post by Elven »

No new dunefolk portraits yet?
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.