Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Even more zombie sprites needed

Post by doofus-01 »

beetlenaut wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 7:37 pm The soulless one could probably stand to be a bit larger still, but maybe just spreading its legs out would be enough.
I moved the legs a bit, and fussed with a few other details to make them less similar. I updated to the current (as of a couple hours ago) 1.14.6+dev, and looked at SotA, but don't see the spiders there (or in core). Do the spiders retain anything like poison or webs? I saw this:
beetlenaut wrote: December 9th, 2018, 9:17 am This will be rather awkward since the player is likely to want to recruit a couple spiders in the next few scenarios--They have good movement in caves and more hitpoints than most other corpses.
So, probably not, but just checking.
Attachments
demo.png
demo.png (125.17 KiB) Viewed 2241 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

doofus-01 wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 4:34 am 1.14.6+dev, and looked at SotA, but don't see the spiders there
That's because recruitable corpses are only in 15.0+. Adding them involved making a lot of changes, so it would have broken all previous savefiles, which is against the rules.
doofus-01 wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 4:34 am Do the spiders retain anything like poison or webs?
No, they don't get any special abilities. They do have a fang attack instead of impact though.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

beetlenaut wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 5:08 am No, they don't get any special abilities. They do have a fang attack instead of impact though.
OK. I'll work with that, thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects