Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Suggestion for 1.14

Post by octalot »

LordBob wrote: April 17th, 2018, 9:25 am If anyone has a quick way (read : one that doesn't imply browsing through the entire portrait library) to gather images with similar problems, please list them below and I'll make the call
Assuming that you just need a list of profile portraits that are displayed on the right:

Code: Select all

elves/Lord.cfg:    profile="portraits/elves/lord.png~RIGHT()"
elves/Shaman.cfg:    profile="portraits/elves/shaman.png~RIGHT()"
elves/Sylph.cfg:    profile="portraits/elves/sylph.png~RIGHT()"
humans/Loyalist_Iron_Mauler.cfg:    profile="portraits/humans/iron-mauler.png~RIGHT()"
humans/Loyalist_Shock_Trooper.cfg:    profile="portraits/humans/iron-mauler.png~RIGHT()"
humans/Mage_White.cfg:        profile="portraits/humans/mage-white+female.png~RIGHT()"
monsters/Giant_Scorpion.cfg:    profile="portraits/monsters/scorpion.png~RIGHT()"
monsters/Giant_Scorpling.cfg:    profile="portraits/monsters/scorpion.png~RIGHT()"
Edit: And in campaigns:

Code: Select all

Son_Of_The_Black_Eye/scenarios/04_The_Siege_of_Barag_Gor.cfg:        profile="portraits/elves/captain.png~FL()~RIGHT()"
Son_Of_The_Black_Eye/scenarios/04_The_Siege_of_Barag_Gor.cfg:            profile=portraits/jetto.png~FL()~RIGHT()
Son_Of_The_Black_Eye/scenarios/04_The_Siege_of_Barag_Gor.cfg:                    profile=portraits/jetto.png~FL()~RIGHT()
The_Hammer_of_Thursagan/scenarios/09_Forbidden_Forest.cfg:            profile="portraits/elurin.png~RIGHT()"
The_Hammer_of_Thursagan/scenarios/12_The_Underlevels.cfg:        profile=portraits/maskeddwarf4.png~RIGHT()
The_Hammer_of_Thursagan/scenarios/12_The_Underlevels.cfg:        profile=portraits/maskeddwarf2.png~RIGHT()
The_Hammer_of_Thursagan/scenarios/12_The_Underlevels.cfg:        profile=portraits/maskeddwarf3.png~RIGHT()
The_Hammer_of_Thursagan/scenarios/12_The_Underlevels.cfg:        profile=portraits/maskeddwarf.png~RIGHT()
The_Hammer_of_Thursagan/utils/characters.cfg:    profile="portraits/karrag.png~RIGHT()"
The_Hammer_of_Thursagan/utils/characters.cfg:    profile="portraits/karrag.png~RIGHT()"
Two_Brothers/utils/characters.cfg:    profile="portraits/arvith.png~RIGHT()"
tutorial/scenarios/01_Tutorial_part_1.cfg:            profile=portraits/delfador.png~RIGHT()
LordBob
Portrait Director

Post by LordBob »

octalot wrote: April 30th, 2018, 9:34 amAssuming that you just need a list of profile portraits that are displayed on the right:
This is exactly what I needed, thanks :D
I'll check that list and see if any of those portraits need a fix and/or can be defaulted to a left-side display like all the rest are.
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

I want to point out that the campaign ones may have been deliberately put on the right for a reason, like switching up the order or something. Other than maybe Karrag and Arvith, I'd probably leave them be for now (unless you can show that the particular portrait is always used on the right and never on the left).
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Wow, awesome! The heavy infantry and the scorpions. I would have never guessed that. So 7 all together.

I am totally in line with Celtic_M: The campaign ones might be for a reason, like Delfador tutoring and such.

So Arvith and Karrag are the only campaign units having it in the character cfg. I did not play the ESR Campaign for many years. Is ESR still blessing us with his presence? It looks that maybe the evil guys show up on the right and the player ones on the left? Would be ok for me in that case. Is there a maintainer?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

The previous portrait of the scorpion had to be flipped, but the current portrait is facing the right way already. We just need to remove ~RIGHT for that one.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Well that's a shortening of my name that I'm pretty sure no-one has used before.

I would consider ESR present, but only barely; on IRC he tends to show up if anyone mentions his name (though that doesn't happen very often).
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.