Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Chewan

story art

Post by Chewan »

ref: story art
(as public comments are disabled on the Art Development threads)
@ LordBob » New story art dump. They're all images meant for the Rise of Wesnoth
A big enticement to play TRoW again! :)
@ beetlenaut: My favorite is A Harrowing Escape
Yeah, great landscape! ...
Um, is the second person in the foreground a woman?
Perhaps she should rather gather up some ample dress? Her skirt is pretty short for ancient times...
LordBob
Portrait Director

Re: story art

Post by LordBob »

Oh, right, my bad, I kept posting in the same old thread out of habit, but there's not much of a reason to keep story art in a place most people cannot comment. Maybe we can move the thread back in art contributions ? Any thoughts from the Powers That Be? Until we figure something out, I will answer any questions in here.

I'm glad to see Harrowing Escape getting some love, as I spent quite a lot of time on this one. :)
The woman (indeed) in the short skirt is a good catch: that cut does look modern. However, since I am working on so many paintings at the same time, I would rather move forward and restrain from further edits. So just this once, let's imagine that her clothes got torn somewhere along the escape, or that Haldric's people aren't too conservative on the length of women's garments (they do tolerate striped pants, after all :roll: )
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi Lord Bob, those story scenery pictures are awesome, :D story pictures add alot of depth to the campaigns so these will be gr8. They wont be added in 1.12 though will they?
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Awesome work as always!! My favorite is the ship in the stormy ocean. That picture is just EPIC
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Great job lord bob :D ! Your story art is nothing short of awesome! I absolutely love your newest art for a new land, the swamps of esten and the fall (that warrior in the fall, asumably a orc, is so cool looking! 8) ) my favorite of your new pictures is definitely the swamps of esten though! Burin and jessine look great (and really hero-like) so I definitely think you should keep them! The only thing (and this might just be me) is that haldric in the swamps of esten has a odd half smirk half frown on his face it doesn't really matter but I just thought it was kinda out of place (of coarse your the expert though so if you think otherwise, sorry ;) ) your work is really good! And the water is so real looking I cant wait to play this campaign again with all this new art work!!!

EDIT: as you can tell I am slightly ;) enthusiastic about story art Will these story pictures be added to a new 1.12 version or not until the 1.13?
LordBob
Portrait Director

Post by LordBob »

Thanks, I appreciate the enthusiasm :)

Faces in the swamp painting aren't finished yet, so I will keep that feedback in mind. Adding at least some of those pictures in 1.12 is an option, but considering how many scenarios are in the campaign, I don't think I will have time to cover everything before 1.13
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

LordBob wrote: Faces in the swamp painting aren't finished yet, so I will keep that feedback in mind. Adding at least some of those pictures in 1.12 is an option, but considering how many scenarios are in the campaign, I don't think I will have time to cover everything before 1.13
Thanks for the quick reply! If they dont get finished for 1.13 thats no problem. And I look forward to seeing more story art you make!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

@Lordbob I just wanted to post again and say looking through your art even your thumbnail sketches are great! :D And your completed story art is fantastic :mrgreen:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Your story art is quite amazing. I would love to use some of your art in Strange Legacy and the future project 'Infinite Fates' (SL 2).
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Probably I'm late...
LordBob wrote:A quick edit to the Midlands painting : I figured the bright blue sky didn't quite match the gloomy atmosphere of finding every village within a day's walk burnt down by orcs :doh:
The smoke looks white like water vapor, if you are not finished with that pic, what do you think about making it darker?
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.