Assets Authors

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Nikita_Sadkov

Assets Authors

Post by Nikita_Sadkov »

I'm using Wesnoth's bat sprite and a few sounds in my game. Whom and how should I credit for them? There is no per-asset info about authors or their contact info, so if I want to hire the artist to do more sprites, then no luck. :doh: Is that a defense from people purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth?
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Assets Authors

Post by Iris »

Nikita_Sadkov wrote:Is that a defense from people purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth?
No.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

shadowm wrote:
Nikita_Sadkov wrote:Is that a defense from people purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth?
No.
Of course, that is exactly what you'd say if you'd intended to prevent people from purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth by not publishing a per-asset info about authors or their contact info, isn't it?

Devious...
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I'm pretty sure the current bats and their animations were made by Jetrel.
Nikita_Sadkov

Post by Nikita_Sadkov »

doofus-01 wrote:Of course, that is exactly what you'd say if you'd intended to prevent people from purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth by not publishing a per-asset info about authors or their contact info, isn't it?

Devious...
The whole GNU GPL thing began with Symbolics buying out MIT AI labs intellectual property and close-sourcing it, leaving Stallman angry :augh: So my guess is that keeping contributions anonymous would help against these hijackings.
zookeeper wrote:I'm pretty sure the current bats and their animations were made by Jetrel.
Okay. I'll credit Jetrel.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

The heart of the problem is that BfW is older than the Creative Commons licenses. Relicensing everything to CC-by-SA and adding the attributions would just be too much work.