Assets Authors

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Post Reply
User avatar
Nikita_Sadkov
Posts: 67
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 5:55 am

Assets Authors

Post by Nikita_Sadkov » May 13th, 2016, 4:34 pm

I'm using Wesnoth's bat sprite and a few sounds in my game. Whom and how should I credit for them? There is no per-asset info about authors or their contact info, so if I want to hire the artist to do more sprites, then no luck. :doh: Is that a defense from people purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth?

User avatar
shadowm
Site Administrator
Posts: 6575
Joined: November 14th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: Assets Authors

Post by shadowm » May 13th, 2016, 8:20 pm

Nikita_Sadkov wrote:Is that a defense from people purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth?
No.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Contributor
Posts: 3809
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA, the civilized part.

Re: Assets Authors

Post by doofus-01 » May 15th, 2016, 5:33 am

shadowm wrote:
Nikita_Sadkov wrote:Is that a defense from people purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth?
No.
Of course, that is exactly what you'd say if you'd intended to prevent people from purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth by not publishing a per-asset info about authors or their contact info, isn't it?

Devious...
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9740
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Assets Authors

Post by zookeeper » May 15th, 2016, 8:30 am

I'm pretty sure the current bats and their animations were made by Jetrel.

User avatar
Nikita_Sadkov
Posts: 67
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 5:55 am

Re: Assets Authors

Post by Nikita_Sadkov » May 17th, 2016, 6:30 pm

doofus-01 wrote:Of course, that is exactly what you'd say if you'd intended to prevent people from purchasing complete rights to Wesnoth by not publishing a per-asset info about authors or their contact info, isn't it?

Devious...
The whole GNU GPL thing began with Symbolics buying out MIT AI labs intellectual property and close-sourcing it, leaving Stallman angry :augh: So my guess is that keeping contributions anonymous would help against these hijackings.
zookeeper wrote:I'm pretty sure the current bats and their animations were made by Jetrel.
Okay. I'll credit Jetrel.

User avatar
GunChleoc
Translator
Posts: 474
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 7:35 am
Contact:

Re: Assets Authors

Post by GunChleoc » May 18th, 2016, 9:44 am

The heart of the problem is that BfW is older than the Creative Commons licenses. Relicensing everything to CC-by-SA and adding the attributions would just be too much work.

Post Reply