Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Cursors

Post by fmunoz »

These are a half-assed attemp to create a new set of cursors for wesnoth.
I know that there is already another guy who is whorking on them so feel free to post them here too.
The sandclock could be used when the AI thinks changing them every second or so and refreshing the screen too (currently if the game is windowed and the ai is thinking the game screen doesnt refresh so you could see a black screen if you move another windows or menu over the game)

ImageImageImageImage

I dont know if the cursors should be 16x16 or 32x32 so I did them at 16x16.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Personally I would prefer not to see cursors changed too much (unless there is support for coloured cursors). A visual clue is useful for when the AI is thinking, but I would have thought on the status bar (when / if we have it) would be sufficient. So I think the cursors might detract, but wouldn't add. Especially if there is a chance of leaving black holes.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Sithrandel wrote:Personally I would prefer not to see cursors changed too much (unless there is support for coloured cursors). A visual clue is useful for when the AI is thinking, but I would have thought on the status bar (when / if we have it) would be sufficient. So I think the cursors might detract, but wouldn't add. Especially if there is a chance of leaving black holes.
Sorry there is not easy platform independant colour cursor...
The "black holes" are now, the idea is that at the same time that Dave implement a fix for them he could add the cursor swap in the same event.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Are the black holes there? There aren't any on the Mac :D It might be due to the windows all being double-buffered. The Mac is tops for eye-candy :-D

Only problem is all those CPU cycles that make translucent / transparent windows and no black holes mean that sometimes the game itself plays a little slow :-(
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

It seems that we should add a config sliderbar for eyecandy :-) or disable the cursor changes if "fast" mode is enabled.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I'm sorry...what do you mean by 'black holes' ?