Looking for lost Wesnothian picture

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Wussel

Looking for lost Wesnothian picture

Post by Wussel »

I have this picture on my hard drive. I am looking for a 400x400 version or even bigger. It looks definetely like a mainline Wesnothian elf to me. Any body knows where to find it?
archer_fem06_137.png
archer_fem06_137.png (49.19 KiB) Viewed 3554 times
Are there more? This one is called 06_137. Does it mean there are 5 more?
Adamant14

Re: Looking for lost Wesnothian picture

Post by Adamant14 »

Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Yeah, this is one of kitty's images. I'm pretty sure that this is the forum page it's from, but the image link is broken (probably because the forum hard-drive died at one point). Kitty usually did portraits in a larger size, but that seems to be gone from the Internet. If it's important, she has a website with a "contact" button: http://kathrinpolikeit.com/
Edit: Oh, and this is the sixth version, not the sixth elvish archer.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
LordBob
Portrait Director

Post by LordBob »

Seeing how it is cropped, I would say that this is an early portrait that predates the current dialog system, so it may have been cast aside.
Or, (slim chances though) it's from a non-mainline campaign: Kitty did some portraits for IftU and its sequel, this might be one of them.

So yeah, contacting her is probably your best option.

By the way, she did a lot more artwork for us than is listed on this "contrib" page. I don't know how those are made, but it's definitely lacking a good many images.
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

LordBob wrote:Seeing how it is cropped, I would say that this is an early portrait that predates the current dialog system, so it may have been cast aside.
It’s the first version of the mainline Elvish Archer’s female portrait variant, and it does predate the current portrait format indeed. It was replaced by the current version some time before the new format was deployed.
LordBob wrote:By the way, she did a lot more artwork for us than is listed on this "contrib" page. I don't know how those are made, but it's definitely lacking a good many images.
Used to be made, by a script that broke at some point in 2008. No-one ever volunteered to fix or replace it.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.