A lot of terrain-graphics

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
rubberduck

Re: A lot of terrain-graphics

Post by rubberduck »

There is a lot of to do for now but i don't have the time at the moment ( i think that i will work on it next week if possible)
rubberduck

Post by rubberduck »

next days i will work on the graphics
AI wrote:I think part of the issue could be resolved by making the top of the ice cave wall the same flat black as the other types of wall. That should make it clear it's impassible
i think that the cave doesn't look like an icecave if i make the top of it black so i don't want to change the wall to icecave - transition,

it should be like the rest of all other cave-walls

what do you think, how should the transition be (like it is at the moment?)

next i want to add ice-chasm and ice-bridge to the game
rubberduck

Post by rubberduck »

i added now the icebridge, transitions to walls, cave-walls and mountains aren't tested yet.

there are also some dirty spots beside the bridge and black spots in the icechasm close to the transition

also transition from icechasm to normal chasm is not right (it should be like the transition from normal chasm to abyss)

i tried to solve this problem with the icechasm-to-chasm transition, but i don't know how to do this.
Attachments
icebridges.jpg
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

Some of the dirty spots are almost certainly semi-transparent pixels in your source images. Spend some time with an eraser in an image editor and they'll be fine.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

These look pretty good so far, the only thing that is sticking out to me is the hard saw tooth edge on the diagonal bridges, I feel adding some varied transparency along there will make it look less harsh.
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

my 2c worth for what that counts.
Your ice bridges look fine, singly, however I feel that they don't join together well. Were I in Iron Mauler suit, I wouldn't trust them, the way they look, to hold my weight.

I'd like to suggest a sort of knuckely node thing around the edges of the ice bridge, dividing it into segments rahter than one unbroken (but not looking to stay that way for long!) strand, these may also help with ice brige to land transitions.
Does your bridge work with water? I'm more familiar with ice bridges in water than spanning chasms.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
rubberduck

Post by rubberduck »

i don't have so much time for this, but i already started to change some things
all dirty spots are away now.