Polishing up unit animation WML (timings/halos/etc.)

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Polishing up unit animation timings (sounds/attacks/etc.

Post by Turuk »

I like the larger version as it gives a better visual cue that it has an affect on the surrounding hexes, but i do prefer the density that comes with the smaller size. It's a shame the larger one couldn't creep in a bit more towards the white mage.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I'm thinking the initial reduction to 80% is the best solution for now :hmm:
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

We'll wait for what the art directors have to say about it, but for now we'll be (if we get an art director's approval) going for 80% opacity with the current size.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Re: Polishing up unit animation WML (timings/halos/etc.)

Post by Coffee »

Whilst we are waiting on approval for the 80% opacity illuminates aura, here is something else.

Bumbadadabum and I worked yesterday on getting a new shadow wave and chill wave for the dark adept. See the attached video for the what we managed to get. All of it uses preexisting art, just rearranged to look like a cold attack and shadow. The previous animation is still used for the recruiting animation.

If good we can commit the new effects.
Attachments
dark adept.ogg.zip
(58.37 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Works for me. Commit whenever you want.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Post by Coffee »

Thanks Jetrel. Bumbadadabum and I applied the animations to all the undead sorcerer line and committed the animations. Similarly for the illuminates halo at 80% opacity.

Just wondering about the chill tempest animation for the lich and higher level units. The idea from vultraz was to make it a more powerful attack by knocking back the unit on the receiving end of the attack. Looks like we can't do this, but maybe we could turn it into a storm of attacks? For example, with 3 chill waves next to each other with a slight x/y offset and start time offset.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Also, I uploaded a short video showing all of the new Necromancers (and also the Spearman) in action, in care you're curious.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.