Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
LordBob
Portrait Director

Re: NR wrap-up (finally)

Post by LordBob »

vultraz wrote:Hm...I think maybe it's not the face, it's the pose that makes him look like a model for elvish battle gear :lol2:
Admittedly, this kind of arrogant pose befits a champion more than a marshal, but I say it's interesting enough that we can overlook the difference.
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
Valkier
Art Contributor

Post by Valkier »

LordBob wrote:
vultraz wrote:Hm...I think maybe it's not the face, it's the pose that makes him look like a model for elvish battle gear :lol2:
Admittedly, this kind of arrogant pose befits a champion more than a marshal, but I say it's interesting enough that we can overlook the difference.
You can pose however you want when you have this much fabulous swagger! *note: Make alternative portrait featuring blinged out sunglasses*

I don't actually remember a whole lot about his character, or even if there was a lot to remember in the first place. I remember he was a general of sorts, kind of battle hardened. Maybe he fought in the Meji Dynasty era? Perhaps he was an immortal skeleton pirate out to thwart Johnny Depp.

Is there any chance I can make him be all those things?
Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat.
johndh

Post by johndh »

Instead of reading like a collection of individual strands, each portrait's hair looks like one coherent mass. It gives the impression that it has been smeared with wax or formed out of clay. This is most noticeable on your dwarves.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.