Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
trewe
Translator

portuguese image localization

Post by trewe »

Hi,

I have started the image localization for Portuguese (european), first draft and ready for inspecting...

the main logo:
Not sure about the brightness, maybe darker?

the logo for The Rise of Wesnoth:
Default kerning (except the 'es')

And the main map:
Used URW Chancery, font size 12 and above, no special settings
alluton

Re: portuguese image localization

Post by alluton »

Looks good.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
trewe
Translator

Post by trewe »

Any news on it?
alluton wrote:Looks good.
Thanks. So the logos can be called finished.

For the maps I have redone them all in the new style.
Attachments
preview
preview
pt-img-localization.zip
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 473 times
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

trewe wrote:For the maps I have redone them all in the new style.
Well that was fast. :o Since you seem to be the first person to localize the new maps, did you have any particular problems with it? Were the (WIP) instructions clear enough, did you have any trouble running the script, and so on?

Some of the mountain labels (such as Mountains of Haag) are very blurry; did you scale them up after rasterizing the text layer, or something?

P.S. I noticed that I missed the label for "Shimmering Isle" in the SotBE localization.xcf, but I've fixed that now.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

The logos look good enough to commit, to me.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
trewe
Translator

Post by trewe »

zookeeper wrote:Well that was fast. :o Since you seem to be the first person to localize the new maps, did you have any particular problems with it? Were the (WIP) instructions clear enough, did you have any trouble running the script, and so on?
Not really, the script is deadly slow on my machine but does it job. Worst were some gimp related bugs.
What I noticed is that one has to have both yellow (which only works of that particular colour) and black labels otherwise only the english text is blurred but no localized labels carried over (matters in dead water, were I added a dummy yellow label and erased straight away).
Some of the mountain labels (such as Mountains of Haag) are very blurry; did you scale them up after rasterizing the text layer, or something?
the text was distorted with the "cage tool", although I was careful not messing up anything, particularly the one in TSG I am not very happy with it too. But they look as their english counterparts. I didn't scaled them.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

trewe wrote:What I noticed is that one has to have both yellow (which only works of that particular colour) and black labels otherwise only the english text is blurred but no localized labels carried over (matters in dead water, were I added a dummy yellow label and erased straight away).
Ah, good catch, thanks for figuring that out. I'll fix the script as soon as I can.
trewe wrote:the text was distorted with the "cage tool", although I was careful not messing up anything, particularly the one in TSG I am not very happy with it too. But they look as their english counterparts. I didn't scaled them.
Well, if you want me to check what the cause is, you can post/PM the original labels layer and I'll take a look.