Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Re: Hints for a newcomer in artworking

Post by thespaceinvader »

Indeed.

As long as the last frame can be a corpse, it doesn;t necessarily need to be face down, and a realistic, curling-up death anim is likely to be preferable for the spider.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Here is the entire paragraph (marking added by me)
Death AnimationsThese need to be about half a second long, which means about 4-5 frames. We're hoping to standardize these to all fit the same system, so that we can reuse some of the frames; this will mean that most of the animations should simply be of the character falling forward onto their face. The first frame should double as a "stooped stance from critical injury"; as if the character is on their last legs. The last frame should be of them lying forward facedown, and will double as a corpse frame.
I would interprete the relativation and the conjunctives as the normal template, meaning it applies to normal units, who are humanoid. However, spiders are quite far from humanoid, or even vertebrae, so a template for humanoids should not have to apply or might even be applicable. So I would definitly go for a realistic spider.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Boucman wrote:ok, that's a quote from Jetrel, so it is authoritative...

however I don't thinkg it needs to be interpreted that literally... what Jetrel meant was that the last frame should double as a corpse. the actual position of the corpse is probably not that important, and in the case of spiders it definitely makes more sense to have them on their back
Yep.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!