New housing

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Slainte

New housing

Post by Slainte »

O.k. time ago I was talking with Sirp 'bout personalizing each race base architecture, so each scenario gets a feel and look according to the major race holding this land... first of my village images is the one shown now in the game... here is my second addition... human villages should look like that...

ImageImage

Any suggestions? Do you like them?
miyo

Post by miyo »

Nice.

- Miyo
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Yeah yeah, looks nice :)
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Ok, these are the mermen villages, they are still in development so the final image could be very different
ja-el

Post by ja-el »

it doenst look like a village for me, maybe you should add something like a statue of a merman to indicate that they live there
methinks

Post by methinks »

Well dunno mermen are not typical beings are they?i don't know how those villages could be use by other beings so maybe it should be disallowed (i.e. that only mermen may take them over). Anyway very nice :) I se there some stray green pixels unless it was intended.
Slainte: you've done very well I've commented more thoroughly on pixelation, go check there.
DragonLord

Post by DragonLord »

That Human village rocks, dude! Maybe the Undead one could be like a devastated version of the Human one or something.
Fate is like an unpopular restaurant in which odd waiters come and give you things you didn't ask for and don't always like.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

You don't use the villages you use thier population (anyone could enlist/enslave a merman).

I think undead villages should look like run down houses with cemetarys off to one side.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay I have added Slainte's human village to CVS. It looks great!

It could do with a different frame at early night though, with lights visible in the windows. If that is done, I will add it too.

I think the merman villages look cool. It's possible no-one but mermen will be able to get to them, because they could be in deep water.

I don't think that undead really have villages -- they just capture other race's villages and control them. Although...sinister looking villages could work well in the Valley of Death.

David