Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
rhyging5
Art Contributor

the flame of warmth

Post by rhyging5 »

yesss, some of you already know that I like to experiment and play with diferents things of the game..... :geek: this is another test.......depending of the succes I will continue working on this....
Attachments
flama4.gif
flama4.gif (107.43 KiB) Viewed 6779 times
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Re: the flame of warmth

Post by thespaceinvader »

Looks excellent to me. A little variation in the light it casts on the wall (for the one on the left, the righthand one seems to have this) couldn't hurt, but for the moment, it looks good to go in. probably best as a halo effect, though.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

You are the most incredible art contributor that showed out of nowhere since EVER. Seriously, you can come up with a new project like every day. I think in a few months all of Wesnoth's SFX will have been redux thanks to you. :P
rhyging5
Art Contributor

Post by rhyging5 »

I think that you exaggerate to much, but many thanks! indeed, what about your Mermen's animation? I want to see it finished! :P
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Wesnoth has been fortunate to assemble a large number of highly talented artists, but it is true that most of them start slow and do their most impressive work later. You've started with a real bang - I look forward to seeing all your contributions make their way into Wesnoth. :-)
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I hate to keep picking at the tech details in all your amazing ideas and incredible art (I really do love them!!!), will this be scenery frames or do you plan to integrate it into the wall terrain?
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Wow, this is awesome! :shock: Seriously dude, you are some artist! Please keep working on this, I can't wait to see it in the game.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Really nice.

I would like to request a fire overlay that can be used to give the impression of burning forest.
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

You're doing too well Ryging. :lol2: You make the rest of the terrain look like it's incredibly bad (even though they are actually surprisingly good). But why is there a bright spot in the flame that keeps going around in circles around the rim of the fire pit? It makes the fire look like some weird drill.
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Those are some sweet flames! They kinda look like rotating double-helices though. Perhaps you should introduce a little more irregularity to them. They also seem a touch too yellow, maybe add more orange to them.
Peter the Great wrote:It makes the fire look like some weird drill.
Someone has to make a unit armed with a fire drill now.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Looks good. I'm a bit unsure of whether these should be included as an alternative wall terrain, an overlay terrain or an item halo. :hmm:
Aura

Post by Aura »

The Wolf Rider with the torch should have the same effect added to it if this goes in mainline.
rhyging5
Art Contributor

Post by rhyging5 »

zookeeper wrote:Looks good. I'm a bit unsure of whether these should be included as an alternative wall terrain, an overlay terrain or an item halo.
perhaps as an alternative wall ..... really you want include that to mainline? if it is, I will take neoskel and peter suggestions to improve a bit more ..... :)
fabi wrote:I would like to request a fire overlay that can be used to give the impression of burning forest.
it's a serious request? Because I like to much draw fire, but a forest on fire take much work and I need to be sure that it will be inncluded somewhere... :)
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

fabi wrote:I would like to request a fire overlay that can be used to give the impression of burning forest.
it's a serious request? Because I like to much draw fire, but a forest on fire take much work and I need to be sure that it will be inncluded somewhere... :)
Yes, a very serious request.
There is a huge forest in LoW meant to be burned down by Goblin Pillagers to smoke out the elves.
I already have working wml code for the fire to grow and spreading over the adjacent hexes.
If Jetrel gives his okay for the fire I would include it in mainline the day it is finished.

An old campaign that features a forest fire and is waiting to be revived is "Unrest in Elfland" by Elvish Pillager.
I am also sure that UMC authors would use the animation from time to time.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

zookeeper wrote:Looks good. I'm a bit unsure of whether these should be included as an alternative wall terrain, an overlay terrain or an item halo. :hmm:
Can overlay terrains be directional?
Do these fit on castles and the other cavewalls (if so that would make item halo the best way to go)?