Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: My Terrain (Mine!)

Post by Celtic_Minstrel » March 8th, 2018, 5:36 am

Given that this is a thread of art contributions to the core game, I don't think it's appropriate to talk about terrains from an addon.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Maintainer of Steelhive.

Wussel

Post by Wussel » March 8th, 2018, 10:38 am

It looks like a recolor of the 1.13 deep water. You want to combine it with regular shallow water. Technical transitions should be possible to be recolored too. Should be possible to merge blue water into black water.

I believe recoloring of water has mainline relevance too. But I am not sure if any color needs to be blended in any other color.

doofus-01
Art Contributor

Post by doofus-01 » March 9th, 2018, 4:04 am

nemaara wrote:
March 8th, 2018, 4:07 am
Not sure if this is the right place to ask you about this, but it seems like your water terrains in Archaic Resources don't have transitions to other water terrain in 1.13.11 (see below). Are you planning on making transitions for them sometime? It would be very nice to have them (only if it's not too much trouble to do).
This probably isn't the right place, even though it is "my terrain" just because it is in Contributions section for mainline.
As for actually answering the question: It wasn't on my radar, I don't recall trying to use it with other water, but if I know there is demand, I could put it on the TO-DO list. I probably won't get to it soon, but I'll keep it in mind.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects