Thief Animation

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
bonehead11

Re: Thief Animation

Post by bonehead11 »

Yes...I just wanted to know what it means.
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Okay the time problem isnt that bad sooo, here is first frame for the jump that Sleepwalker suggested, by the way thanks for the sketch it really helped me :) . Soo here it is feel free to comment it.
Attachments
thief11.png
thief11.png (2.2 KiB) Viewed 3981 times
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Slowly but steady here is another one feel free to comment it.
Attachments
thief12.png
thief12.png (3.11 KiB) Viewed 3843 times
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

It's probably for the best to first finish the whole thing at least somewhat, and then post all the png's in the same post or a slow .gif. That way anyone wanting to give crit can easily see the animation as a whole, instead of singular frames separated on different posts. So far it looks better than it did before, so congrats for that.
For the dark gods!
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Girgistian wrote:It's probably for the best to first finish the whole thing at least somewhat, and then post all the png's in the same post or a slow .gif. That way anyone wanting to give crit can easily see the animation as a whole, instead of singular frames separated on different posts. So far it looks better than it did before, so congrats for that.
Thank you, thank you and I took your advice and made an animation...the last jump isnt completed and it looks weird when its in one position but it looks better when its in motion, because of time problems last days, hope its better than before mainly repaired the work of the legs hope you like it feel free to critisize.
Attachments
thiefattackrepair1.gif
thiefattackrepair1.gif (8.18 KiB) Viewed 3537 times
Lord_Aether

Post by Lord_Aether »

The outline on his left foot gets really dark during the step.
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

The outline on his left foot gets really dark during the step.
Tried to fix it and polish it a little more hope you like it feel free to comment it.
Attachments
thiefattackrepair1.gif
thiefattackrepair1.gif (8.92 KiB) Viewed 3353 times
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Here is the animation in motion how it should look like hope you like it, feel free to critisize it.
Attachments
thiefattackrepair1.gif
thiefattackrepair1.gif (9.52 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Last edited by bonehead11 on February 15th, 2009, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

The only major problem with his feet that I see is that when he takes the step, his right foot ends up where his left foot was initially, and his left foot ends up where his right foot was initially, which makes it look like he just switched his legs back to the initial positions in the middle of the animation. The rear foot should probably shift a bit more up and to our right as he takes the step.

You could draw an imaginary line between his feet along the direction he steps in and use that as a helper to make sure that both of his feet stay on the opposite sides of that line.
Sleepwalker
Art Contributor

Post by Sleepwalker »

The leg movement looks better now :) but I agree with zookeeper, its a bit snappy when he turns his legs back to hop backwards, you can't really see that he does turn them. You could try changing their position like zookeeper said or add another frame.
Sometimes we must be hurt in order to grow, fail in order to know, lose in order to gain, and sometimes we must have to be broken so we can be whole again...
- Nercy Masayon
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

I think the problem with those feet was only because of bad positioning of frames,now it looks better for me but still something is missing or is wrong...the attack now is too fast, maybe 1 more frame should do the trick or is the attack good?
And those last frames of landing should they stay the same or should I change them from the start?
Attachments
thiefattackrepair1.gif
thiefattackrepair1.gif (11.07 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I looked at the animation frame by frame and the problem is that the right foot never takes a step forward until he is about to jump back. He readies his stance with left foot forward, right back, and then just seems to step with his left foot forward twice without using his right, that is what appears to be missing.

Also, you have a few stray pixels floating around in some of the frames.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

Ok I tried to add another frame of making a step before jumping.Feel free to critisize.
Attachments
thiefattackrepair1.gif
thiefattackrepair1.gif (11.99 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Could you post the .png's for the latest one? I could probably either finish it myself and/or at least give some more exact pointers or examples of which parts needs tweaking.
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

zookeeper wrote:Could you post the .png's for the latest one?
Ok...here is the zip...it contains all the frames and some additional ones so you can experiment etc. and animation gif wich uses the latest frames.
I could probably either finish it myself and/or at least give some more exact pointers or examples of which parts needs tweaking.
Well if you want to finish it go ahead,but If you would like to let me finish it, I would work on it.
Attachments
Thiefattackzip1.zip
(23.97 KiB) Downloaded 190 times