Post by nehuen »

ready 2 battle :P
Attachments
2.png
2.png (21.62 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
tsr

Re: Trolls portraits

Post by tsr »

Please, please, pretty please take the time to finish both portraits for the lobber. Although TSI is right there is nothing wrong with having multiple portraits even for a generic unit. I mean with two awesome portraits like that I would imagine someone wanting to make a campaign/mp-scenario with lobbers just because there is art :)

/tsr
rod

Post by rod »

His left arm/our right looks short but thick. The head is brilliant except I'm not so sure about the ears being so pointy and the mouth being quite so straight. Take your time!
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

tsr wrote:Please, please, pretty please take the time to finish both portraits for the lobber. Although TSI is right there is nothing wrong with having multiple portraits even for a generic unit. I mean with two awesome portraits like that I would imagine someone wanting to make a campaign/mp-scenario with lobbers just because there is art :)

/tsr
:annoyed: You do realize that they're the same doggone picture with just one arm moved?
There's no "both portraits" to be finished. They're the same one.

:augh: You people worry me sometimes.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
tsr

Post by tsr »

Jetryl wrote:
tsr wrote:Please, please, pretty please take the time to finish both portraits for the lobber. Although TSI is right there is nothing wrong with having multiple portraits even for a generic unit. I mean with two awesome portraits like that I would imagine someone wanting to make a campaign/mp-scenario with lobbers just because there is art :)

/tsr
:annoyed: You do realize that they're the same doggone picture with just one arm moved?
There's no "both portraits" to be finished. They're the same one.

:augh: You people worry me sometimes.
Yes, I realize that, but still I think they are different enough to be worthwile...

...guess I was wrong :D

/tsr
nehuen

Post by nehuen »

new ears & mouth
Attachments
2.png
2.png (21.33 KiB) Viewed 4980 times
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

tsr wrote:Yes, I realize that, but still I think they are different enough to be worthwile...

...guess I was wrong :D
:eng: As a rule, in any such picture, obvious derivation is ... obvious. Unless the two units are wearing something that's meant to look exactly the same (e.g. is uniform by design, which plates of armor and such might be), there's nothing that can excuse deriving one picture from another. It's always going to look like a cheap hack - and it will look slightly like one even in those cases where it is supposed to be uniform, since it'll come off as a bit funny that two units have the exact same pose.

There's just no way around it. Most people will notice it, and most people will find it cheap. :|

Cutting corners never works.
nehuen

Post by nehuen »

Is just the same unit with diferent position.

What do you think? Can I start with the shadows and so on? Becuase is a hard work and I don't want to waste time. Thanks.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

nehuen wrote:Is just the same unit with diferent position.

What do you think? Can I start with the shadows and so on? Becuase is a hard work and I don't want to waste time. Thanks.
Sure, go ahead.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Why wouldn't the Lobber have the rock slung over his shoulder? :P
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Grand Marshal Aditya

Post by Grand Marshal Aditya »

Why would he?

It's kind of a circular argument. It depends on how you see him. I may carry a bag of stuff either way too... :lol2: ...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.