New Stone Path Tile

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Very nice indeed, I'd like to see it in game. 8)
Pipgirl

Post by Pipgirl »

This path texture looks a lot better than the current stone path texture, and I really wouldn't mind if it were replaced. In fact I would encourage such a change; it seems that it would work well around just about any other terrain.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

musketaquid wrote:I've changed the green color of the the space between the stones to a darker grey.
This new set of tiles is complete. There are variations and transitions within.
This should be committed as an additional terrain. Someone else, feel free to do it. I may not get around to is soon.

Obviously it doesn't make sense as a replacement for the current road, because the old road is used in many situations where grass wouldn't appear (caves etc.).
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Eleazar wrote:Someone else, feel free to do it. I may not get around to is soon.

Obviously it doesn't make sense as a replacement for the current road, because the old road is used in many situations where grass wouldn't appear (caves etc.).
I wonder if people have forgot about this. I for one would like to have this as an additional terrain, but I have no knowledge of terrain WML and I'm not a developer to even commit the graphics. So?

Sorry for bringing this topic back to the top, but I feel that it is kind of forgotten right now, at least since Eleazar possibly won't return soon, and if he does, I'm not sure if he'll remember this. Feel free to burn me alive.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Shadow Master wrote:
Eleazar wrote:Someone else, feel free to do it. I may not get around to is soon.

I wonder if people have forgot about this. I for one would like to have this as an additional terrain, but I have no knowledge of terrain WML and I'm not a developer to even commit the graphics. So?

Sorry for bringing this topic back to the top, but I feel that it is kind of forgotten right now, at least since Eleazar possibly won't return soon, and if he does, I'm not sure if he'll remember this. Feel free to burn me alive.
Uh, I think I might have been meant to commit that. I'll see to it.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I've committed this now. Thanks!
DDR

Post by DDR »

Oh boy! I look froward to v1.3.8! :D

p.s. - WOOHOO!