No
8%
No
No votes
No
No votes
different colors
No votes
some sort of dirt around the piles (elevated)
46%
nothing, its good as it is.
15%

Total votes: 26

quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Now all we need is for Cedric (or Dave) to work their magic.

BTW - Does anyone have an easy idea for how map makers should differentiate between castle and encampments?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

quartex wrote:Now all we need is for Cedric (or Dave) to work their magic.
Or Ayin. He is the expert on making buildings.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Ayin
Inactive Developer

Post by Ayin »

There are a few problems that prevent this image from being cut into tileable pictures:

* The gate. Gates are not impossible to do, but require specific logic to be added in. And there must always be a "castle-without-gate" graphics.
* Dimensions. Dimensions of the graphics are nearly OK, but there are a few issues. I'm sorry I didn't have the time to do a comprehensive tutorial on how to build tileable castles. However, for your encampment to be OK for cutout, you should ensure:
* All posts are identical (I'm talking about the big posts, in the corners)
* north wall and south wall are identical. Same for nw wall and se, and ne and sw walls.
* Posts are disposed like that:

Code: Select all

0   18  54  72
0  .---+---+---.
   |   |   |   |
36 +---.---.---+
   |   |   |   |
72 .---+---+---.

Where posts are on pluses.

Sorry I can't give longer explanations, I'm on a hurry.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Makes sense, we need the tiles to wrap coorectly, so at each of the corners of the hex where the encampment walls meet, you need to have the same color posts. As for gates, I agree it is difficult. One option would be to ignore gates for now. Or have a gate at every south facing wall, which would create many many gates. To just have 1 gate could you have a flag (a boolean) that gets set when a gate is created and then no other gates are made. The program would just create a gate on the first south facing wall it sees and then make no more. Of course the gate could be next to an ocean, or be on the north side of an encampment, but there's no real way to stop that.
Radic

Post by Radic »

i have lost interest in the encampment, someone can take over if they want.
Engineers rule the world
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Radic wrote:i have lost interest in the encampment, someone can take over if they want.
Radic,

I'd just like to apologize for the length of time and difficulty it has taken us to get these encampment graphics included.

We appreciate your work. It's just that this is a new and relatively complex feature, and it has taken us alot of time to have it integrated in an elegant way.

We are hoping that the encampment graphics will be included in the next release.

Cheers,

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Radic

Post by Radic »

Dave wrote:
Radic wrote:i have lost interest in the encampment, someone can take over if they want.
Radic,

I'd just like to apologize for the length of time and difficulty it has taken us to get these encampment graphics included.

We appreciate your work. It's just that this is a new and relatively complex feature, and it has taken us alot of time to have it integrated in an elegant way.

We are hoping that the encampment graphics will be included in the next release.

Cheers,

David
no worries, I just checked out version 0.7.10 and in particular the encampment. I like it but why wasn't the transition from wood to ground added (the last image i posted)
Engineers rule the world