Present images of elvish sorceress line look much better.

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
PingPangQui

Present images of elvish sorceress line look much better.

Post by PingPangQui »

I hope I don't get with this post on anyones nerves. But the present images of the elvish sorceress line (BfW vers. 1.1.9) look much better than those if just seen at http://wesnoth.slack.it/units.cgi. Don't missunderstand me - they are not bad - but the present are far better in my opinion.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Whoa, what the heck is that. Who decided hot pants was a good idea?

The enchantress' outfit looks terrific, though.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I tend to disagree with style changes a bit, but for some reason I don't have much of a problem with these ones even though they are quite a drastic change in style.
breversa

Post by breversa »

At least you can quickly tell the shyde line from the sorceress one, but still, the new sorceresses look a bit too hotty, IMO... and I have trouble telling the enchantress from the sorceress !
French translation contributor
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Kestenvarn wrote:Whoa, what the heck is that. Who decided hot pants was a good idea?
ME. I drew both of them, btw.

:? Seems a little whack that no one is noticing the long-ish back skirt that the sorceress is wearing, but thanks to the new structure of the unit files, an edit is not out of the question.
Kestenvarn wrote:The enchantress' outfit looks terrific, though.
Gee, thanks.
halleck

Post by halleck »

Jetryl wrote::? Seems a little whack that no one is noticing the long-ish back skirt that the sorceress is wearing, but thanks to the new structure of the unit files, an edit is not out of the question.
Where is the skirt??
Am i the only one that doesnt see it? :?
Screw it... I can go without a sig.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

halleck wrote:
Jetryl wrote::? Seems a little whack that no one is noticing the long-ish back skirt that the sorceress is wearing, but thanks to the new structure of the unit files, an edit is not out of the question.
Where is the skirt??
Am i the only one that doesnt see it? :?
Nope, it seems like everyone is having that problem. It's an odd skirt design, that covers only the back of her body, not the front (hence why she's wearing something else underneath it). But all you philistines can't jive with something that original, so I may have to change it.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Jetryl wrote:Nope, it seems like everyone is having that problem. It's an odd skirt design, that covers only the back of her body, not the front (hence why she's wearing something else underneath it). But all you philistines can't jive with something that original, so I may have to change it.
I can see that, and it is original, but it isn't immediately apparent on first glance. I suppose changing it might be best. If you are going to re-edit the Sorceress, is it possible that you could make her staff a little smaller? It really is large and imposing for a L2 unit.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Dude, what's wrong with the Sorceress? She's sexy. The old Sorceress didn't look as good, especially the hair.
borisblue

Post by borisblue »

I say keep the design. It looks really classy.
Vraven

Post by Vraven »

Even if you're dissatisfied with the new design, it's still superior, in that it's now unique. Besides, not all elves wear frilly princess dresses.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Flametrooper wrote:Dude, what's wrong with the Sorceress? She's sexy.
This would be "what's wrong with the sorceress". With sprite art, one man's complicated two-tier skirt is another man's hot pants, and having been at a party with a girl in pink hot pants at the weekend I'm having difficulty shrugging the notion. The thigh-high boots tend to reinforce this.

- Chris
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Vraven wrote:Even if you're dissatisfied with the new design, it's still superior, in that it's now unique. Besides, not all elves wear frilly princess dresses.
Unique does not imply superior... sheesh. You're like those people who said the old Wesnoth logo was better because it was "original".

IMHO, the new sorceress sprite is better overall, but a smaller staff and some more decency would be a good idea. (Remember, though, she doesn't have pink hotpants! She has tcolored hot-pants. ;) )
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Jetryl wrote:Nope, it seems like everyone is having that problem. It's an odd skirt design, that covers only the back of her body, not the front (hence why she's wearing something else underneath it). But all you philistines can't jive with something that original, so I may have to change it.
I've seen that before - drawn it too - but i can't really see it in the icon.

:P
Vraven

Post by Vraven »

turin wrote:Unique does not imply superior... sheesh. You're like those people who said the old Wesnoth logo was better because it was "original".
Maybe so, but if I may defend my status as a stupid newbie, I had merely taken into consideration the fact that while Wesnoth's current Sorceress-Enchantress-Sylph evolution is a beautiful blooming process, the differences between the three are pretty minor, and unit-to-unit variety is something I prefer.