Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Longer arms.
JW wrote:It's capable of killing most level 3s and level 4s!! :shock:
(and that silly level 5 Delfador :wink: )
Yes. :twisted:
Dangerous enough to make level 3's (+ level 4's and silly Delfador) run. Only cavalry is fast enough to actually escape but... they aren't that fast underground are they? :wink:
Attachments
cave_troll_longarms.png
cave_troll_longarms.png (2.47 KiB) Viewed 3795 times
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

The color seems a little too saturated too me, and his arms begin to look like popeye's. Do cave trolls really need that wide a forearm? Overall good work.
kiet

Post by kiet »

It looks too big to be fast.
highhole

Post by highhole »

You can create a "Era of Trolls" now :P ... I like this cave troll. He could be a swamp troll, too IMO. (needs a ability which hide a unit in swamp) :P
Error: no bug found
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Actually, his legs give the impression of speed, they are very similar to dinosaurs, and they were fast, very fast. You are making the mistake of assuming that big means slow (as it often is with humans), he is only a little bigger than an elephant, and they can charge really fast.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

In plain cave, nothing can escape this guy; only the Blood Bat can move at the same speed. However, on Grassland, a quick 9-moves cavalry unit or a 10-moves cavalry unit or a Gryphon Master can get away, or various units can move at the same speed.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Disto

Post by Disto »

highhole wrote: He could be a swamp troll, too IMO. (needs a ability which hide a unit in swamp) :P
Sounds like you have a request, I really think you should make a bridge troll :P.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

If we're gonna have a troll faction, it needs t least one blade damage:
Attachments
troll_bladesman.png
troll_bladesman.png (4.16 KiB) Viewed 3645 times
hey.
Disto

Post by Disto »

Flametrooper wrote:If we're gonna have a troll faction, it needs t least one blade damage:
Troll yes, faction no.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Is this better?
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Elvish_Pillager

If he's going to have long arms, he needs obvious elbows.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Elvish Pillager wrote:If he's going to have long arms, he needs obvious elbows.
Why? Besides, he has an obvious elbow at least on his right arm. And the left doesn't look in any way odd either.
Elvish_Pillager

That's not an elbow, it's just a bent arm. Hold your arm straight and look at your elbow - it isn't just a place where the arm bends, it also has a different appearance.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Elvish Pillager wrote:That's not an elbow, it's just a bent arm. Hold your arm straight and look at your elbow - it isn't just a place where the arm bends, it also has a different appearance.
Anyone can also bend their limbs without much effort in front of a mirror into all kinds of positions that would mostly receive "that's not how an arm looks like" comments if they'd draw them in the same way in a unit image or portrait. That troll looks perfectly good to me, as much as any troll can. They don't have to have the same type of elbow than humans, or have the same mobility in them. He looks stiff as heck in his shoulders and arms, but exactly that seems to fit the unit well IMHO.
Elvish_Pillager

zookeeper wrote:Anyone can also bend their limbs without much effort in front of a mirror into all kinds of positions that would mostly receive "that's not how an arm looks like" comments if they'd draw them in the same way in a unit image or portrait..
That's true, but it is backwards logic. It's easy to assume a position that looks wrong when drawn, but it is not likely that a position drawn in a way that looks wrong can be assumed.