New animations

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Zoomo

Re: New animations

Post by Zoomo »

Here it is with a shadow. I've posted the pngs as a zip too!
Attachments
heavyinfantry-attack frames.zip
(58.23 KiB) Downloaded 838 times
heavyinfantry-v3.gif
heavyinfantry-v3.gif (12.32 KiB) Viewed 20894 times
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

They've been committed. Thanks! :D
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
MathBrush

Post by MathBrush »

This, and the sylph, and the new TRoW lich sprites are just awesome. So great to see good work coming in!
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

I still have to state: Its probably better for the 'swoosh' to not feature any magenta and be entirely white. Also if im remembering correctly it had been decided on inside facing of the shield to be not teamcolored but grey.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Would you be interested in adding a melee animation for the Sylph. I really like the new sprite in 1.14 but currently it has no animations.
Attachments
hierophant-melee.png
hierophant-melee.png (7.19 KiB) Viewed 20385 times
Zoomo

Post by Zoomo »

I was looking at the HI animation ingame and I noticed it doesn't have the standard offsetting when attacking an enemy. As a result at most attacking angles the mace makes basically no connection with the enemy it is hitting. is this intentional?
ghype

Post by ghype »

for some reason the female elvish idle animation was missing.
here is one:
archer+female-idle.gif
archer+female-idle.gif (8.69 KiB) Viewed 18230 times
Attachments
archer+female-idle.zip
(62.48 KiB) Downloaded 705 times
douglaskowske

Post by douglaskowske »

Just made this running animation for the Goblin Knight
3g7p0v.gif
3g7p0v.gif (5.8 KiB) Viewed 13764 times
douglaskowske

Post by douglaskowske »

This one is at a better speed:
3g7qoz.gif
3g7qoz.gif (5.8 KiB) Viewed 13762 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

douglaskowske wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:35 pm This one is at a better speed: 3g7qoz.gif
Hi,
Thanks for taking that on. :)
With the big caveat that animations don't look quite the same "in game" as they do looped & isolated here as a GIF, I'd say the body and rider are too static. The legs look reasonable, especially the front. So I'm not saying this is bad, just unfinished.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
douglaskowske

Post by douglaskowske »

I'll be honest, it's my first time ever creating pixel art. It has minimal motion (only legs and scarf moving) and so it's fair to say it's unfinished. I know it's pretty static but I figured it would be an improvement on what's already in the game. Unfortunately I probably won't be pursuing it further. I'm posting the PNG files in a ZIP here.
Attachments
Goblin knight run.zip
(147.94 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
ghype

New Poacher Animation

Post by ghype »

So don't know if anyone was working on this but I draw animations for jetrels poacher. If these are good I would move to the lv2 bow attack so we can replace the base frames. I'll add the missing animations as well.
note: shadows are missing, will add them if the animation is good.

Poacher-Ranged-Animtaiton-4.gif
Poacher-Ranged-Animtaiton-4.gif (6.15 KiB) Viewed 11802 times

Here are the frames:
poacher-bow-attack.zip
(57.3 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ghype wrote: April 25th, 2020, 9:14 am So don't know if anyone was working on this but I draw animations for jetrels poacher. If these are good I would move to the lv2 bow attack so we can replace the base frames. I'll add the missing animations as well.
note: shadows are missing, will add them if the animation is good.
I doubt anyone was working on it, thanks for taking it on. It's not bad, but could use a little movement in the legs - doesn't need to be much, just something to get rid of all the static pixels. It looks like the bow gets smaller as he lifts it, but I'm not sure how noticeable that will be in game.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

I saw this animation earlier but today I looked at it and it instantly reminded me of HoMM3 unit animations. Hmm, attack and defend animations are necessary, movement arent but I think this unit could benefit a lot from one.
ghype

Post by ghype »

doofus-01 wrote: April 25th, 2020, 11:30 am I doubt anyone was working on it, thanks for taking it on. It's not bad, but could use a little movement in the legs - doesn't need to be much, just something to get rid of all the static pixels.
I took the lv3 Ranger as a reference. That one doesn't move it legs (it has the cloak that moves very little pixels). Also took the new elves archer as a reference which I do not think have moving legs. If I find a good reference I will do that.
doofus-01 wrote: April 25th, 2020, 11:30 am It looks like the bow gets smaller as he lifts it, but I'm not sure how noticeable that will be in game.
While doing the Trapper ranged animation, I indeed realised that the bow is getting smaller, so I will fix that in my revision as well.