CampGen release

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

greywolfexcel

Post by greywolfexcel »

Most excellent. Keep it up! :)
highhole

Post by highhole »

A really nice program. :D
I noticed that the program is using the old wesnoth icons.

Code: Select all

wesnoth-icon.png
icon.png
logo.png
Will there be a new version, soon? (Because of the new WML options [recruiting animations, idle animations...])
Error: no bug found
Seal of Longinus

Post by Seal of Longinus »

Version 2.1's New Unit is buggy. If you make a New Unit a copy of another unit, the system crashes.
"My life is a chip in your pile! Ante up!"
1baddad

campgen

Post by 1baddad »

i recently downloaded the campgen version o.21 and installed it on my mandriva 2007 machine
and after i gat all through with creating a scenario I find that I am unable to save it or do anything with it. what could I possibly be doing wrong, any ideas would be of great help.
new

Post by new »

JUHU, good that we can simple create our champaigns for wesnoth now.
I had a idea too for "create simple a champaign". See you this side:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13377

P.S.: I had CampGen downloaded too. (And sry 1baddad I cant you help)
Mturco11x

Post by Mturco11x »

I'm having a problem as well. Campgen works perfectly for me until I edit sides. If I create new side, save it, and then close Campgen, when I load it up again, the side isn't there. Also, I'm assuming that having no sides is causing this error when running my campaign, right?

Error Message:

Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? Thanks.

Matt
allefant
Units Database Administrator

Post by allefant »

If I create new side, save it, and then close Campgen, when I load it up again, the side isn't there.
When that happens, can you see if the file stderr.txt (should be created in the directory of campgen.exe) has some error message in it? It might help me find the problem.
Mturco11x

Post by Mturco11x »

Thanks, but the message that error log gave me doesn't mean anything to me.

Error message:
The following information is included in your bug report:
campgen: 0.21
python: 2.4 (#60, Nov 30 2004, 11:49:19) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
wxpython: 2.6.3.2
Anyone know what this means or have another solution?
allefant

Post by allefant »

That means, it saw no error (so most likely it is from another run than the one where it failed to save or load that side). If you want, you can also put the whole campaign somewhere, and I might have a look if it gives me some clues what happened.
Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

I would love to run this program but can't for the life of me get wxPython working.My Intel Mac has wxPython 2.5.3-mac-unicode but whenever I try and install a new version, I get errors during the installation process. Anyone have clues to the problem?
littlebeast

Post by littlebeast »

:cry: I don't think CampGen likes me. (As much as I like it.) When I open my campaign, it loads the main few bits: Difficulties, description, name; but it won't load anything else, no scenarios, custom units, nothing. It's just blank. And I made sure to test it in Wesnoth itself: Sure enough, they're there, the same as I left them (glitches and all:P). I would check CampGen's log file, but it doesn't seem to have one. And I tried it with the campaign directory set as both Userdata\data and userdata\data\campaigns , still no luck. I just can't get it to work... :(
I've had this problem on another computer too. It makes me a sad panda :(
Correction: Here's the stderr.txt :
campgen: 0.21
python: 2.4 (#60, Nov 30 2004, 11:49:19) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
wxpython: 2.6.3.2

Sounds like the "no error" one though.
Last edited by littlebeast on December 5th, 2006, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiatus, epitome, colonel, sadist, Tucson, behemoth, quixote...
Okay, how many of those did you pronounce wrong?

My (very incomplete) campaign.
allefant

Post by allefant »

Fedaykin: No idea, hopefully someone else can tell you more.

littlebeast: With which version of CampGen was the campaign created? About the path, I'm not really sure, AFAIK the default paths should work.
allefant

Post by allefant »

Just made a (very small, main change is that TC works now) new release: Campgen 0.22

Get it here: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampGen
or directly:
windows: http://download.gna.org/campgen/campgen-0.22-setup.exe
OSX: http://download.gna.org/campgen/campgen-0.22-OSX.zip
linux: http://download.gna.org/campgen/campgen-0.22.tar.gz

Changes: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampGen/OldVersions

Report bugs and request features (note the address changed): https://gna.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=campgen
littlebeast

Post by littlebeast »

I don't remember what version it was originally made with, I've been using every new version as it came out, think i started with like 0.17 though.

Anyway now I'm on a different computer, with a different issue (but the same campaign)
It'll load the stuff fine, but when i go to the unit editor it goes explody if i have a default image there, or i go to animations. This includes using the "copy" feature to copy Wesnoth standard units, so it's not just me. I am using the Windows version of 0.22. I would post this on the GNA thing but it says i have to be logged in.
Here is the stderr.txt file:

campgen: 0.22
python: 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
wxpython: 2.7.2.0
MemoryError: MemoryError: MemoryError: Exception exceptions.MemoryError: in ignored
MemoryError: MemoryError: Exception exceptions.MemoryError: in ignored

It then repeats the second MemoryError line about 200 times or so(i didn't count), which is many more times than I tried to use it.
I am very sad about not being able to use campgen- I think it is an awesome program and you should keep up the good work!

Anyway now i'm going to see if i can do any work on my campaign w/o using images, lol.
Edit: Just made a gna account so now i going to post in bug reports too cause i'm craaaazy lol

littlebeast

Post by littlebeast »

Is there currently a way to transfer a unit from one side to another? If so, how? (If not, I'll do something that looks like it, only prob is that it wouldn't transfer EXP)