Editing Dialogue

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

db0

Editing Dialogue

Post by db0 »

Greetings to all.
I'm kind of new here but I'd like to get my hands dirty before digging into my own ideas for a campaign.

To this end I'd like to ask what is the policy on editing other's campaigns? I'm asking because I'm thinking to edit the LoW dialogs.

I don't want to come out as vain or anything, especially on my first post, but from my experience, in the various user campaigns (4 till now) I've downloaded the dialogue seems to have taken a second place to the rest (Notable exception is the Southguard campaign which has excellent dialogue and scripting) and I'd like to do something about it if I can and that is alright with the designer.
I'm not usually nitpicky but the dialogue has actually made me stop playing 3 campaigns in the middle.

If LoW is too big a problem, maybe a smaller one, such as Out of the Swamps

I'd like to know your opinion on this. Thanks in advance
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

You will need to contact the campaign designer and the tell him what changes you suggest are, then he will either impliment them (as he is the only one who can change them on the server), or not.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

I guess most authors will be happy if you improve the dialoge of their campaigns. Just ask them first and do the actual work second.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
scott

Post by scott »

I think most campaign writers would be open to it.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
taz

Post by taz »

torangan wrote:I guess most authors will be happy if you improve the dialoge of their campaigns. Just ask them first and do the actual work second.
Good guess.

db0 if you are willing to edit some dialogs of my campaign, feel free to contact me by pm or post on

The Restoration of Wesnoth

By the way, Ranger M could you tell me how you managed to create a link to your campaign "Invasion of Arendia" in your signature without having to type the whole address ? Which is a lot more elegant and less space consuming. Thanks ;)
Last edited by taz on January 16th, 2006, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

do this.

random site

ps, you may need " around the address, so it would be:

random site

I'm not sure if you need them or not.

BTW, db0, feel free to do any of my scenario's, my spelling, grammer, and ability to get things across clearly (without saying loads) are all pretty bad.
taz

Post by taz »

Ranger M wrote:do this.

random site

ps, you may need " around the address, so it would be:

random site

I'm not sure if you need them or not.

BTW, db0, feel free to do any of my scenario's, my spelling, grammer, and ability to get things across clearly (without saying loads) are all pretty bad.
Thanks Ranger M :D
db0

Post by db0 »

Great, I was actually thinking of taking on yours Ranger after the LoW. Right now I'm kind of busy so things are pretty cramped with my own campaign and all but I'll get on it soon.