three campaign development question

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Christophe33

three campaign development question

Post by Christophe33 » March 4th, 2004, 8:39 am

I'm considering making a dwarf campaign. I would like to know if there is a way to make a map partly indoor (cave) and partly outdoor... with the indoor always in darkness (or light...depends of the scenario) and the outdoor part following the normal day/night pattern?
Another question, is it possible to use a illumination like power (-25% for adjacent chaotic unit) but named differently (like shield against chaos) and preferentially cumulative with day/night bonus malus. If not cumulative it' would still better than nothing.
Last question. is it possible to make a somewhat stronger slow power (weakness) that woukd reduce both speed and attack by 1/2 (so not always stronger, only against unit with 3 or more attacks) or reduce attack by 2?
I would like to use that power for a dwarf Rune Master (lvl3) power named "rune of weakness".
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!

miyo

Re: three campaign development question

Post by miyo » March 4th, 2004, 9:00 am

Christophe33 wrote:I would like to know if there is a way to make a map partly indoor (cave) and partly outdoor... with the indoor always in darkness (or light...depends of the scenario) and the outdoor part following the normal day/night pattern?
I think this would allow interesting scenarios... where e.g. dwarves are fighting against enemy trying to invade or dwarves assaulting some mountain stronghold (starting from another mountain stronghold and needing to pass plains or other terrain).

- Miyo

Christophe33

Re: three campaign development question

Post by Christophe33 » March 4th, 2004, 9:36 am

miyo wrote:
Christophe33 wrote:I would like to know if there is a way to make a map partly indoor (cave) and partly outdoor... with the indoor always in darkness (or light...depends of the scenario) and the outdoor part following the normal day/night pattern?
I think this would allow interesting scenarios... where e.g. dwarves are fighting against enemy trying to invade or dwarves assaulting some mountain stronghold (starting from another mountain stronghold and needing to pass plains or other terrain).

- Miyo
If this is possibble to code, it could be usable too to make some elven forest in constant twilight (better against both loyal and chaotic units) or make some holy places with constant light, some foggy swamp always in darkness....
in other word a nice new toys for people developping scenarios.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave » March 4th, 2004, 3:34 pm

All these things are possible, and good ideas imo.

If you write the scenario, and people enjoy it, I will add the features to the engine.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming