Proposed new key for scenarios explicit_endlevel=yes

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kmj

Proposed new key for scenarios explicit_endlevel=yes

Post by kmj »

I was wondering how useful other scenario developers would find this key:

"explicit_endlevel=yes"

If this is found in a scenario, then the level will not end until [endlevel] is called.

Currently, the level will end as soon as there is no other side with a leader. (i.e. no unit available with can_recruit=1). In the campaign I am planning, I would find it very useful to have such a tag, so that the player can take a variety of actions in a scenario without having to have an opposing leader. In some scenarios, I just don't want an opposing leader, while in others, I may want a unit to appear for the sake of the game as a "leader", but I don't want him to act as a wesnoth-leader (i.e I may want him to move around, and I don't want him to recruit or even necessarily start on a keep.)

I haven't looked into how difficult it will be to add, but I don't imagine it will be too troublesome; and it seems it would add some flexibility to scenario design... so unless there are some good objections, with the okay of Dave, I'll add it.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I think it'd be useful, but I would recommend changing the name to something like,

victory_when_enemies_killed=no

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
miyo

Post by miyo »

Go for it, change the key name.

- Miyo
Circon

Post by Circon »

Alternately, you could do something like the Harbor of Tirigaz in the Orc campaign: Place one enemy leader somewhere across the water. Drop some [guardian]units around him or use the [hide] tag if you can spare it.
Just a quick-and-dirty fix.
kmj

Post by kmj »

Circon wrote:Alternately, you could do something like the Harbor of Tirigaz in the Orc campaign: Place one enemy leader somewhere across the water. Drop some [guardian]units around him or use the [hide] tag if you can spare it.
Just a quick-and-dirty fix.
That's what I'm currently using to design and run my scenarios.