Several special weapon capabilities

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

cedric

Several special weapon capabilities

Post by cedric » March 1st, 2004, 1:26 am

I wanted the blowpipe of the master assassin to throw poisoned darts. Darts don't inflict much damage, but they are thrown with high precision. Thus I wanted 'poison' along with 'marksman'. I've tried two instances of 'special=', comma separated values, etc. to no luck.

Is it possible to define several 'special' capacities for a single weapon?

--
Cedric

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave » March 1st, 2004, 4:15 am

No, it's not currently possible to do this, although I may add it in the future.

Note though that marksman combined with poison is VERY powerful, because it makes it incredibly difficult to avoid being poisoned.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming

cedric

Post by cedric » March 1st, 2004, 5:27 am

Dave wrote:No, it's not currently possible to do this, although I may add it in the future.
Ok, thanks.
Dave wrote:Note though that marksman combined with poison is VERY powerful, because it makes it incredibly difficult to avoid being poisoned.
Yes, I realize which struggle it is to design special units without making them too powerful. :)

But this is not a base unit, and giving the darts very few direct damages (like 1 or 2 at most) might be an acceptable trade off. Thus this would be a good 'medium-term' weapon, but almost harmless immediately (won't kill the ennemy, who will surely counter-attack the next turn).

--
Cedric