Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Post by Turuk »

Ranger M wrote:I'll look into this, I deliberately haven't submitted IoA to wescamp (I think that's the name of the list of campaigns to be translated) because the dialogue is incomplete and could be changed or completely re-written at any time, but I do plan on doing so eventually.
Fair enough, I just wanted to point this out due to the fact that it would mean a great number of files to alter down the road. You could always include the textdomain in the files but not in the _main.cfg until you are ready.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Turuk wrote:Fair enough, I just wanted to point this out due to the fact that it would mean a great number of files to alter down the road. You could always include the textdomain in the files but not in the _main.cfg until you are ready.
Ah, you misunderstand, I was explaining why I'd never bothered to fix this before now, not why I'd never fixed it before now.

Hmm, 198 downloads and no comments on the fourth scenario? I hope that means it works perfectly :)
VS
Translator

Post by VS »

Ranger M wrote: for the text being enlarged, which symbols enlarge it? (I imagine that * does, as that's the one I used most, but are there any others?
InterfaceActionsWML and scroll about 10 lines up.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Aaah, thanks :D
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Ranger M wrote:Ah, you misunderstand, I was explaining why I'd never bothered to fix this before now, not why I'd never fixed it before now.
No I understood, I just was pointing out what would need to be done to fix it now or in the future, and how you could delay it if you wanted to fix the issue at some point, but wait until you have the dialogue as you like.

Also, you basically said the same thing twice. ;)
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Quick question, does anyone know how I view the campaign stats for IoA (I seem to remember there being an automated system for sending off how many turns it took people to do scenarios/how much gold they finished with, etc, to a central database type thing)

EDIT: nevermind, found it.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

When I try to play the "Midnight raiding" scenario, I get an error message saying "Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type 'Arendian Warrior'. Do I just need to fix something?

Oh, and I really like this campaign!
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

have you downloaded the imperial era? (it's one of the dependencies)
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

:hmm: I do. I'm going to try something.

Ok, here's the problem. I currently don't have Wesnoth on a computer that has online access so I have to download everything then move it to the other computer. However when I unzip the IE folder like 100000 errors come up and so it wont work.
Lykos

Post by Lykos »

4th scenario--midnight raiding. When it is Sir Hoaxley's turn, these errors popped up---

Code: Select all

<Invalid WML found>  At difficulty level NORMAL, trying to recruit a:archer but no unit of that type (usage=) is available.  Check the recruit and [ai] recruitment_pattern keys for team 'Sir Hoaxley' (2) against the usage of the units in question!  Removing invalid recruitment_pattern entry and continuing...

<Invalid WML found>  At difficulty level NORMAL, trying to recruit a:fighter but no unit of that type (usage=) is available.  Check the recruit and [ai] recruitment_pattern keys for team 'Sir Hoaxley' (2) against the usage of the units in question!  Removing invalid recruitment_pattern entry and continuing...
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Mirion147 wrote:Ok, here's the problem. I currently don't have Wesnoth on a computer that has online access so I have to download everything then move it to the other computer. However when I unzip the IE folder like 100000 errors come up and so it wont work.
that's odd :hmm: ... and unfortunately not something I can fix.

I would suggest talking to Turin about it and seeing if he can come up with anything
Lykos wrote:4th scenario--midnight raiding. When it is Sir Hoaxley's turn, these errors popped up---
Yeah, as it turns out Midnight raiding is extensively broken, in many many ways, when I was testing event firing I would create the precursor situation in debug mode and see if the response was correct, unfortunately it didn't occur to me to check if the event fired when the prerequisites weren't met, which many of them do. I'm gonna have to go back over the entire scenario and re-check everything and make sure that all of the event fire correctly, untill then, don't bother playing it, it's fubar ATM
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Mirion147 wrote:Ok, here's the problem. I currently don't have Wesnoth on a computer that has online access so I have to download everything then move it to the other computer. However when I unzip the IE folder like 100000 errors come up and so it wont work.
Like RangerM said, I can perhaps help, but I need more info... PM with with a transcript of all the error messages.

(Also, make sure you're using the IE version intended for your version of Wesnoth - the 1.4 IE won't work with 1.5.x, obviously.)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Guess what. I redownloaded it and tried it one more time just for kicks....and it worked! :shock:

Well while I'm here, seeing as I don't have a problem, I might as will say that I really like this campaign. :)
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

So,that I haven't the time to overlook 37 pages of info,I'm going to ask:Is IoA ported to 1.4 or 1.5?
If yes,where can I get it?

And just something other...I really like this Campaign!

I have OS X 10.4.11
iBookG3
5-7years old
900 Mhz CPU
60 GB HD
160MB RAM

Old,very old(from before 2-3 years)version of IoA.

Matthias
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

As noted on the previous page, you can get it from Wesnoth-UMC-Dev on Sourceforge.

Not reading all 37 pages is understandable. Not reading the past few pages is not.