Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

labis

Re: solution

Post by labis »

troodon wrote:Invasion of Arendia 1.3, the Raider problem.

Solution: Throughout the campaign, search for "Raider" and replace it with "B-Raider". Same thing for the Brigand.

There is a problem in the "Black Hand Attack" scenario. For some reason, Reth cannot recruit. I have 686 gold, and it looks like I can recruit in the scenario file, but there is no recruit list when I try to recruit. I have no idea why this is.

Finally, did you mean for the second scenario to be won by fighting, but not killing, Wolf? Because that is what happened.
I confirm all of these. replacing Rider and Brigand with B- in front works. I had the same problem in the "Black Hand Attack" scenario, and I also won Wolf by fighting him. Using wesnoth 1.1.8 debian.

Cheers
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

labis wrote:
troodon wrote:Invasion of Arendia 1.3, the Raider problem.

Solution: Throughout the campaign, search for "Raider" and replace it with "B-Raider". Same thing for the Brigand.

There is a problem in the "Black Hand Attack" scenario. For some reason, Reth cannot recruit. I have 686 gold, and it looks like I can recruit in the scenario file, but there is no recruit list when I try to recruit. I have no idea why this is.

Finally, did you mean for the second scenario to be won by fighting, but not killing, Wolf? Because that is what happened.
I confirm all of these. replacing Rider and Brigand with B- in front works. I had the same problem in the "Black Hand Attack" scenario, and I also won Wolf by fighting him. Using wesnoth 1.1.8 debian.

Cheers
For those with the black hand attack problem, try using this scenario file, because I can recruit (I've been playing through the campaign to test it).
troodon

Post by troodon »

I downloaded it, pasted it into the scenarios folder, and tried to play, but I still couldn't recruit. Using Wesnoth 1.1.8 on SuSe linux.

I'd attach the save file, but I don't know how to.
labis

Post by labis »

Ranger M wrote: For those with the black hand attack problem, try using this scenario file, because I can recruit (I've been playing through the campaign to test it).
Nope, doesn't work for me either. Still cannot recruit :(

Would it help if I sent my save game file?
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

One suggestion - and I don't know why it worked - but when I saw the postings of the 'can't recruit' problem I replaced Reth's gold line, which was something like

{GOLD 200 175 150}

with the simple

gold=150

because this was the only difference I could see between Reth's setup wml and the previous scenario. I was certainly able to recruit, but I didn't try to play without the edit, so don't actually know whether this made a difference :).
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ewan wrote:One suggestion - and I don't know why it worked - but when I saw the postings of the 'can't recruit' problem I replaced Reth's gold line, which was something like

{GOLD 200 175 150}

with the simple

gold=150

because this was the only difference I could see between Reth's setup wml and the previous scenario. I was certainly able to recruit, but I didn't try to play without the edit, so don't actually know whether this made a difference :).
It shouldn't make a difference, the {GOLD} is a macro which has a bunch of gold= lines in it with ifdefs for EASY MEDIUM and HARD.

I really need to see a save which has this problem (preferably beginning of scenario and definately non-binary)
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Another need to search-replace: take *out* 'B--Fugitive', replace with Fugitive.

However, I now have a more serious problem: in the middle of saving the nagas, and (repeatably) the game is crashing on me at the end of my T14. No error message - just no Wesnoth any more, which is a first for me!

:?
JW

Post by JW »

Yes...removing that B-Fugitive business would really help...
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ewan wrote:Another need to search-replace: take *out* 'B--Fugitive', replace with Fugitive.
In which scenario?
Ewan wrote:However, I now have a more serious problem: in the middle of saving the nagas, and (repeatably) the game is crashing on me at the end of my T14. No error message - just no Wesnoth any more, which is a first for me!
I'll check into it tomorrow (I need to sleep now).
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ranger M: You use Linux, right? Are you familiar with the "grep" tool? It makes tasks like this (finding and replacing strings in multiple files) so much easier...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:Ranger M: You use Linux, right? Are you familiar with the "grep" tool? It makes tasks like this (finding and replacing strings in multiple files) so much easier...
No I'm not, but I'll look into it.
labis

Post by labis »

Ranger M wrote: I really need to see a save which has this problem (preferably beginning of scenario and definately non-binary)
I just updated to 1.1.9 debian and the problem with recruiting in Black Hand scenario persists.

Here's a text save of turn 1 immediately after introduction. Hope it helps

Cheers

PS: I've read ur using Windows, so i've also added a DOS version of the text, with proper newlines to protect ur sanity :)
Attachments
Black_Hand_Attack_Turn_1_no_recruit_DOS_newlines.gz
proper newlines for DOS/WIN
(16.85 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Black_Hand_Attack_Turn_1_no_recruit.gz
(16.66 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
troodon

grep

Post by troodon »

Turin, what's the grep tool? I went crazy trying to find out how to use it a few months ago. Please explain "grep."
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

labis wrote:Here's a text save of turn 1 immediately after introduction. Hope it helps

Cheers

PS: I've read ur using Windows, so i've also added a DOS version of the text, with proper newlines to protect ur sanity :)
Thanks for the save, although I don't know where you got the idea that I use Windows, I only ever use Linux (except in classes at school).
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ok, this should (fingers crossed) fix it, along with another problem which wasn't game stopping, but it was a problem (Reth's advancement and recruitment of his apprentaces was broken). Just replace your old rangers.cfg* file with this new one and then load a beginning of scenario save, it won't fix any other saves (bolded for emphasis).

*if the old rangers.cfg was called Rangers.cfg (capital R) then download the new Invasion_of_Arendia.cfg and then tell me, I can't remember weather I changed it before of after the last release.

EDIT: I'd just like to mention that I haven't tested this because it requires a beginning of scenario save, and for it to fix it a beginning of scenario save is required.