Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ave

Post by Ave »

Thanks, i thought i have to kill only two :) and thought it is buggy when i found the third. (Don't ask me why i thought it is only two).
Ave

Post by Ave »

I found the following problems:

missing unit: Arendian Horse Master

error config: an animation uses the deprecated [sound] tag, please include sound in the [frame] tag

error config: [attack] uses special=magical, which is now deprecated. Use the macros provided in abilities.cfg.
Rogue_Mage.cfg
Shadow_Lord.cfg:
Shadow_Mage.cfg:

error display: could not open image 'halo/mage-halo9.png'
error display: could not open image 'portraits/human-royalguard.png'
error display: could not open image 'portraits/lisar.png'
troodon

Post by troodon »

Ranger M, does this mean you're going to keep working on the campaign when you can? (Please continue, this is a great campaign)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I'll look into #1, #2 should be easily fixable and #4 is probably because of changes in the image paths. However #3 is caused by another campaign's units being used instead of the ones from IoA, and they are wrong, if you can work out which one (/ones) it is then I'd apprechiate it, but aside from that I can't help.

@troondon, I plan to do so, but I seem to have too much to be doing right now, especially with my exams coming up and coursework needing to be done. I should be able to carry on soon though, once my exams are finished I can just go straight home, missing half a term of school.
Ave

Post by Ave »

I listed the 3 units for #3 :) Or i don't know what you meant.
I don't have any other campaign, except the official ones, i think.
Rogue_Mage.cfg (filesize is 2171 bytes) has this around line 63:

Code: Select all

[attack]
                name=missile
                type=cold
                range=ranged
                special=magical
                damage=6
                number=2
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Odd, I thought that I'd fixed all the unit WML problems, WML must have changed since then.

I'll fix it, but seeing as it isn't a actual problem yet, and I hope to have a new release out before it becomes more than just depricated, I wont bother with a new release.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Replace :

special=magical
with:

[specials]
	{WEAPON_SPECIAL_MAGICAL}
[/specials]
Btw i also suggest that you add a description to the attack, to make sure that the weapon name is actually translated correctly (it won't, unless the attack name is used in mainline).
Also, adding some icon might be a good idea (i'm not sure it is necessary):

[attack]
                name=missile
                description=_"missile"
                icon=attacks/dark-missile.png
                type=cold
                range=ranged
                [specials]
	                {WEAPON_SPECIAL_MAGICAL}
                [/specials]
                damage=6
                number=2 
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
traverser

Post by traverser »

I've assumed that Sarah (the unit) is supposed to represent Sarah (the character)
needs tweakment, all the images in sarah.cfg are supposed to be from

image="units/sarah.png"
to

image="units/human/sarah.png"
and in The Enemy of my Enemy

[unit]
	description=Sarah
	user_description= _ "Sarah"
	type=Outlaw Princess
	gender=female
	x=21
	y=34
	[modifications]
		{TRAIT_LOYAL}
		{TRAIT_STRONG}
	[/modifications]
	[/unit]
should become

[unit]
	description=Sarah
	user_description= _ "Sarah"
	type=Sarah
	gender=female
	x=21
	y=34
	[modifications]
		{TRAIT_LOYAL}
		{TRAIT_STRONG}
	[/modifications]
	[/unit]
and a similar fixing in Turlins Fall possibly also upgrade Sarah_Level2 to another copy of Outlaw_Queen and only modify the file to give the image of Sarah_Level3 to the Outlaw_Queen stats
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

traverser wrote:I've assumed that Sarah (the unit) is supposed to represent Sarah (the character)
Yeah, I used to use the outlaw unit to represent sarah, but it was recently (in development, not time) switched to being a unit called sarah, and I'm not quite ready to make the full switch yet as switching cuts me off from mainline unit balancing, so untill she has a completely seperate unit image to make her obviously not a outlaw I'm using the sarah.cfg file (I think, I haven't looked at the code in a while, I've been busy with exams, preperation for exams and coursework and concentrating on making story images so I haven't looked at the code much).
Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

well i cant recruit after a certain stage... i think it was after the 1st naga lvl.... is that on purpose???
never give up. as long as u keep going u still have a chance
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Matt2 wrote:well i cant recruit after a certain stage... i think it was after the 1st naga lvl.... is that on purpose???
no, and I've never been able to work out why some people can't recruit after that point.
Matt2

Post by Matt2 »

also is Through Water and Stone the last lvl??? cuz it cant fine A Choice is Made
never give up. as long as u keep going u still have a chance
NeoPhile

Post by NeoPhile »

Ranger M wrote:no, and I've never been able to work out why some people can't recruit after that point.
Actually, I remember fixing that after I last downloaded it. There was a typo in one of the recruit= lists. I don't remember which one though. It might have to do with keeping Lamai, which would explain why only some people are affected.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

NeoPhile wrote:Actually, I remember fixing that after I last downloaded it. There was a typo in one of the recruit= lists. I don't remember which one though. It might have to do with keeping Lamai, which would explain why only some people are affected.
Yeah, I remember trying to fix it, I just thought I failed...

Matt2, make sure that you have the latest version, and yes, through water and stone is the last level (in your copy, but even in mine it isn't finished).
Erunion

Bugs, bugs, bugs...

Post by Erunion »

Firstly I'd like to thank you for making this campaign. It rocks it's so... Err, maybe I shouldn't have watched the Oscars....
Well, enough of that. I've downloaded version 1.2.2 for windows, then I got this campaign and was loving it. Until I hit the bugs. I have the no recruit bug, and three more major bugs. One, I did not have Teresa, Matt, or Tom going into Turlin's fall, and haven't had them since. When I went into the first Elvish city mission, (I forget the name, sorry) I was unable to Recall any units, except for Blonde Kid, Redhead Kid, And Brunette Kid (one of each) and I was only able to recall them when I opened an autosave. During that mission I trained a swarm of Raindancers, only to find out that their lightning was an energy weapon, and since no none Sidhe unit actually has a written down resistance to it, they all had an automatic 100% Resistance, making it, in effect, less useful than a goblins spearthrow... And worse than that, in the same mission, Roede and Sarah didn't enter, and weren't there for the next three missions. I was able to train units in the next mission fortuantly, but in the mission after that I was only able to recall 6 kids (2 of each), 8 ghosts (who I had trained) and that level 2 Naga warrior. Oh! Jaryn had disapeared!

As you can see, it appears to need an upgrade for 1.2.2....
"Never put off for tommorow what you can do today."
Isn't that a wonderful proverb? I think I'll start listening to it. Tommorow.