Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

devadip

Post by devadip »

Hi
Playing IoA 1.4 with BoW 1.1.9.
In Black Hand Attack, I got an error : could not find the unit being advanced to: Raider...
Imac G5 1.9 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.4.10 (The Tiger)
PB G4 1.5 GHz 1 Go Ram OS X.3.9 (Panther)
Makrond

Post by Makrond »

Oh bugger...

I had a nice post ready, with more strings fixed... and my Internet crashed.

I hate technology, sometimes... *Sigh*, now I have to go and find all those errors again, and completely re-type the post I had...

:(
If you let your mind wander, what makes you so sure it's going to come back?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:Hey. ;) Just started playing the campaign again... finished the first scenario. And I just have to say, I find it very strange that you are able to level up Reth to L2 almost immediately. Is that intentional?
yes, he is supposed to be obviously a newbie at the beginning, but he gets alot better with proper practice because he is talented, in reality he wouldn't normally kill that many units in one scenario but this gives him that boost.

@everyone elses comments: I have read these, and I'll be addressing them/fixing them/looking into them later, but right now I'm on a tight scedual because my hard drive fried last weekend (which is why I haven't been here) so I'm currently getting my new one working, and desperately trying to get my old one to give me acess to my old files (yes, I just lost all of my work, everything, unless it was posted somewhere on the internet, and this was right before I was about to back absolutely everything up to a 200 GB external hard drive).
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Ranger - sorry about your hard drive..

...one more for the list: replaying with the latest bugfixes; now I can - and have - recruit(ed) an apprentice, but he doesn't seem to unapprenticeise (now there's a word..) when reaching L4. No big deal, but wouldn't he 'graduate' or something and allow for training of a further new Warden?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ewan wrote:Ranger - sorry about your hard drive..

...one more for the list: replaying with the latest bugfixes; now I can - and have - recruit(ed) an apprentice, but he doesn't seem to unapprenticeise (now there's a word..) when reaching L4. No big deal, but wouldn't he 'graduate' or something and allow for training of a further new Warden?
He should do, I'll check into the code once I set up wesnoth and download it from the campaign server.
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Update: 'Water and Stone' is a neat scenario. I was relieved to see the return of the forces I had left on the outside, though! FYI, the 'no recruit' bug is still in full swing for that scenario (as well as those previous). A little challenging, therefore, as I have not been able to recruit any nagae at all other than those surviving from captivity, and I made the mistake of blowing past most of the cages in my haste to kill off the Mer as fast as possible... so I only have 3 naga units, albeit advanced ones!

Still, eager for more. Good stuff; you managed to avoid having the obligatory cave slog get *too* tedious :).
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Ewan wrote:Update: 'Water and Stone' is a neat scenario. I was relieved to see the return of the forces I had left on the outside, though! FYI, the 'no recruit' bug is still in full swing for that scenario (as well as those previous). A little challenging, therefore, as I have not been able to recruit any nagae at all other than those surviving from captivity, and I made the mistake of blowing past most of the cages in my haste to kill off the Mer as fast as possible... so I only have 3 naga units, albeit advanced ones!

Still, eager for more. Good stuff; you managed to avoid having the obligatory cave slog get *too* tedious :).
Thanks, I am hoping to keep the few cave scenarios that I have planned (about 4, max, and they wont be particularly long unless I get carried away on a specific one) as interesting as possible.

I really can't understand this recruitment bug, I'll be trying to fix it before I make any new releases. Could you post exactly what you did (eg, didn't kill Guane, Lamai was killed, etc) so that I know a path which definately results in the recruitment bug.
Makrond

Post by Makrond »

Really am sorry to hear about the loss of your hard drive. On a positive note, I found that post I made. For some reson, I saved a copy to my hard-drive (I honestly have no idea why...) and whilst looking for my SUSE-Linux Installer .iso (so I could back it up), I noticed it.

Meh, I didn't have a lot... And I don't feel like doing much (I feel like I got hit between the eyes with a sledgehammer... maybe I should stop taunting those guys holding sledgehammers. It'd be better for my health. :lol:)

EDIT: Dammit! It turns out I was working on a scenario I'd already done! After all that... :shock: :shock: :(
If you let your mind wander, what makes you so sure it's going to come back?
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Ranger M wrote: I really can't understand this recruitment bug, I'll be trying to fix it before I make any new releases. Could you post exactly what you did (eg, didn't kill Guane, Lamai was killed, etc) so that I know a path which definately results in the recruitment bug.
I'm guessing that this:

[variables]
Angrash="0"
Guane="0"
Hunters="0"
Lamai="1"
Sir Hoaxely="0"

is most of what you're looking for here? Lamai is definitely alive, pretty much every enemy leader is dead... but I've hit the same bug on several runs through, with no real consistency of play.
troodon

Post by troodon »

Are you going to upload it to the 1.1.11 server?
b00g3y

error

Post by b00g3y »

God, i hate to make my first post a complaint, but i bumped into a problem. when i try to start "Turlins Fall", it says it has a unknown unit type, "Arendian Horse Master". i'm playing on 1.1.11, is that the issue, or is it something else? sorry, i'm just really into the campain, and would love to be able to continue!
"could be worse."
"how?"
"could be raining."
(thunder crack)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

troodon wrote:Are you going to upload it to the 1.1.11 server?
yes, but when I get back from school (wednesday) because the firewall stops me from updating.

However there wont be any changes, mainly because I don't have a copy of IoA to modify right now (still recovering from loosing my hard drive), heck I don't even have a copy of wesnoth right now (I should be remedying that on sunday, I've been very busy this last week with school et al, so I haven't been able to fully fix my laptop yet)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

b00g3y wrote:God, i hate to make my first post a complaint, but i bumped into a problem. when i try to start "Turlins Fall", it says it has a unknown unit type, "Arendian Horse Master". i'm playing on 1.1.11, is that the issue, or is it something else? sorry, i'm just really into the campain, and would love to be able to continue!
As you can see from my above post I can't fix this right now, but I'll look into it when I can (along with the other bug I haven't fixed)
troodon

Post by troodon »

Are you able to download campaigns with the firewall?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

troodon wrote:Are you able to download campaigns with the firewall?
No, I can't even access the campaign server.