Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AlexS

Another arendian captain missing ;)

Post by AlexS »

Hello,

Another victim of the missing Arendian captain ;)

I hope we can fix this without re-starting the campaign (I know, it's only one scenario until now).

BTW: I like the feeling of your campaign, so far!
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Re: Another arendian captain missing ;)

Post by Ranger M »

AlexS wrote:Hello,

Another victim of the missing Arendian captain ;)

I hope we can fix this without re-starting the campaign (I know, it's only one scenario until now).

BTW: I like the feeling of your campaign, so far!
Only one scenario? There are 15 currently, this bug just means that you can't reach the others.

Anyway, I'll have a release very soon, I just need to test something and it should be fine.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I wasn't expecting to say this so soon, but there is now a new version of IoA out (v0.0.5) which has a few new features, but not all of my planned ones.

mini changelog:

you now need the Imperial Era in order to be able to play IoA, this was simply to cut the file size which was massive.

Midnight raiding has gotten a little more complicated, but hopefully more fun, you now don't get to recruit unless you take one of the enemy keeps, (this was because otherwise it was too easy to just kill both the caravan and sir Hoaxely before because you were able to sneak up on them), but you do get your whole recall list recalled for you.

New advancement line for Reth, and a bonus for getting him to L4, although I haven't fully playtested it yet. Oh, and when he does reach level four then the advancement option should be a guy in a blue shirt, if it isn't blue, or there are two of them then please tell me and I'll try to fix it.

Aside from that I'd aprechiate any bug reports, don't be surprised if not all of the story images are working, still report them, but don't be surprised (there should always be a map, and there should always be dots showing your progress along it, but there won't be most of the time)
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Alas, the new release is unloadable (too bad, because the images for Reth - I assume? - on the difficulty-choice panel look neat). After that panel, though, it gives you an 'unknown scenario' error; the first time I tried to load it there was a longer error message first, something about missing ending? - sorry, didn't record it and it doesn't happen on repeat attempts to load.
troodon

how to replicate the bug

Post by troodon »

If you can't replicate the bug, go to {your home folder}/.wesnoth/cache, find the 2 Invasion of Arendia things, and delete them from the cache. Then start Wesnoth and do whatever you did before the game crashed. Then you can write the error down. You are using linux, right? I don't know what to do about it if it's not linux.
NeoPhile

Re: how to replicate the bug

Post by NeoPhile »

troodon wrote:If you can't replicate the bug, go to {your home folder}/.wesnoth/cache, find the 2 Invasion of Arendia things, and delete them from the cache. Then start Wesnoth and do whatever you did before the game crashed. Then you can write the error down. You are using linux, right? I don't know what to do about it if it's not linux.
I had the same problem. The error was "Could not find scenario 'Reths_beginning'", or something like that. I was unable to duplicate it, even after clearing the cache.

Also, in units/human/Reth.cfg, line 25, you need to change experience100 to experience=100.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Yes, there was another problem, which I can't remember, that I fixed in 0.0.5a (the one that you downloaded), 0.0.5b, which is now on the campaign server, should fix both problems. Sorry about this, the problems were caused because I changed things while playtesting, so I was loading saves, not restarting the campaign, so I didn't see this problem.
highhole

Post by highhole »

I played the campaign with debug :twisted: and noticed, after I killed Guane in the scenario Turlins Fall with Reth, this bug:

Code: Select all

Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type 'Wild Elf Herald'
:(
Error: no bug found
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

highhole wrote:I played the campaign with debug :twisted: and noticed, after I killed Guane in the scenario Turlins Fall with Reth, this bug:

Code: Select all

Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type 'Wild Elf Herald'
:(
Strange, the unit is there and referenced properly, and it works on mine.

Normally I wouldn't say this because you are on sneaking around so you'd have encountered this problem before otherwise (in Midnight raiding), but seeing as you are on debug you could have killed the two leaders without them recruiting anything. Do you have the imperial era installed, because it is now required to be able to play IoA.

BTW, thanks to your problem I've been reminded to do something else as well, the units in Turlins fall should be Arendian, not Loyalists, I'll go change that now.
highhole

Post by highhole »

I had some other Add-ons installed, but I deleted them, and load the Auto-Save again, and the bug was not gone. :?
highhole

Post by highhole »

PS: Why there is no changelog from the campaign? Please change the Outlaw and the Fugitive portraits. IMO the concept is good, but the cloaks are so.... ....fuzzy :x
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

highhole wrote:PS: Why there is no changelog from the campaign? Please change the Outlaw and the Fugitive portraits. IMO the concept is good, but the cloaks are so.... ....fuzzy :x
There is no changelog mainly because I am too lazy, and if I tried then I would miss things out because I would forget. Why do you need one anyway?

and yeah, the portraits are rubbish, but they will be replaced soon, in the meantime I'll improve them for the next release.
highhole

Post by highhole »

Ranger M wrote:
highhole wrote:PS: Why there is no changelog from the campaign? Please change the Outlaw and the Fugitive portraits. IMO the concept is good, but the cloaks are so.... ....fuzzy :x
There is no changelog mainly because I am too lazy, and if I tried then I would miss things out because I would forget. Why do you need one anyway?
I like changelogs... :).
Sometimes it is very interesting to see, what changes are made, (a new portrait here, more gold for scenario XY there....) and, you can see, what has changed more easily.

I know now that there is a new version of the campaigne (0.0.5b) , but if I want to know what exactly is new, I need search here and there in the campaign-folder. It's like a puzzle... :) :(.
samuelf

Post by samuelf »

Hi, downloaded this the other day and can't stop playing it. Nice one dude! I like the characters and its a really immersive story-line, (needs a little bit of spell checking though :wink: ).

In "Enemy of my Enemy" the "Sarah" character has a broken image link so I fixed it (I guess this has been brought up previously). You have to start the round again to have the lovely lady appear, unless you know how to mod the save game files.

Cheers! S
Attachments
Sarah.cfg
Replace file in the preference folder: Wesnoth/data/campaigns/Invasion_of_Arendia/units/human/
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

highhole wrote:Sometimes it is very interesting to see, what changes are made, (a new portrait here, more gold for scenario XY there....) and, you can see, what has changed more easily.

I know now that there is a new version of the campaigne (0.0.5b) , but if I want to know what exactly is new, I need search here and there in the campaign-folder. It's like a puzzle... :) :(.
well, if a letter is added on the end then it is a bugfix release, so the difference is purely fixing the WML, but i suppose that I could start doing a changelog.
samuelf wrote:Hi, downloaded this the other day and can't stop playing it. Nice one dude! I like the characters and its a really immersive story-line, (needs a little bit of spell checking though :wink: ).

In "Enemy of my Enemy" the "Sarah" character has a broken image link so I fixed it (I guess this has been brought up previously). You have to start the round again to have the lovely lady appear, unless you know how to mod the save game files.

Cheers! S
Some changes were made to shara and how the unit works recently, and it wasn't me, so I'm not entirely sure how it works, I'll read up on it and try to fix that problem.