New campaign : The Restoration of Wesnoth

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ted

Proposed Fixes to typos

Post by Ted »

taz wrote:[...]
Ted

Misspelling is my other name :lol:

If you want to help by correcting some typos, do not hesitate, your help will be welcome. You can send these corrections by pm under the following format :

- Name of the file to be corrected (e.g : Anarchy.cfg and Intro1.cfg)
- Quote of the wrong sentence (e.g : "In the last year of the reign of King Konrad II, Wesnoth was still recovering from the great darkness which FELT upon the Realm less than a decade ago. ")
- Quote of the corrected sentence (e.g : "In the last year of the reign of King Konrad II, Wesnoth was still recovering from the great darkness which FELL upon the Realm less than a decade ago."
Sorry, I have been distracted from the project for some time, but now I have managed to finish (at least I think so).

I have attached the cvs diff of all files I have modified. Just in case you are not familliar to diff here is a short intro into the format.
A new file starts with the line "Index: <Filename>", followed by some lines of management information ending with a line like "diff -r1.1.1.1 <Filename>". Then the modifications are listed in the following format:

<StartLine>c<EndLine>
< <Original Content of the line(s)>
---
> <Modified content of the line(s)>

I think this is close enough to your requisitions, easily generated and just in case you have the "patch" tool handy (a standard tool on unixes, though unusual on windows) you could automatically apply the changes...

Hope it helps,
Ted
;)
Attachments
Restoration_Typos.txt
Diff File of proposed typo fixes
(8.45 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
zaimoni

Post by zaimoni »

taz,

Deathmaster was removed from mainline when The Dark Hordes was removed from mainline (in the Wesnoth 1.1x line). You can take the files either from the attempt to port The Dark Hordes to 1.1.x, or from Mystery Campaign. (Latter is not running due to bug #6243, probably won't update before that's fixed).
taz

Re: Proposed Fixes to typos

Post by taz »

Ted wrote: Hope it helps,
Ted
;)
Thanks very much :)
Creator of The Restoration of Wesnoth campaign.
taz

Post by taz »

zaimoni wrote:taz,

Deathmaster was removed from mainline when The Dark Hordes was removed from mainline (in the Wesnoth 1.1x line). You can take the files either from the attempt to port The Dark Hordes to 1.1.x, or from Mystery Campaign. (Latter is not running due to bug #6243, probably won't update before that's fixed).
Thanks for the info. I will try to adapt the campaign to the 1.2x line once it is released.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

How long will it take before it is put on the latest server (unless I overlooked it). Because I really enjoyed playing it, it had varying qualities and is an extremely great campaign.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
taz

Post by taz »

Oreb wrote:How long will it take before it is put on the latest server (unless I overlooked it). Because I really enjoyed playing it, it had varying qualities and is an extremely great campaign.
Thanks very much for the nice review.

Actually it might take some time before a new version is put on the server. :oops:

Currently I’m pretty busy doing other things (including playing the "Under the Burning Suns" campaign).

I will also have to re-learn writing WML due to the changes between 1.0x and 1.1x / 1.2x versions of the game.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
taz

Post by taz »

I'm trying to upload the latest (0.6 compatible with BfW 1.1+) version of the Restoration of Wesnoth campaign, but I get the "distant server disconnected" error message. :(

I tried

campaigns.wesnoth.org

and

campaigns.wesnoth.org:15003

without success...

Could anybody help :?:
hermestrismi

Re: New campaign : The Restoration of Wesnoth

Post by hermestrismi »

Did this campaign considered abandoned ?