New campaign : The Restoration of Wesnoth

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

sorry usually I am quite good at keeping up with threads that I take an interest in, and I had already read this one, so I didn't bother reading back, will always check in future.

but what (and where) is the wiki page?
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

Click on the blue part of szopen's post...
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

wait so is a wiki page just any non forum page on this website?
Anyar

Post by Anyar »

Ranger M wrote:wait so is a wiki page just any non forum page on this website?
Read.
Even as the fingers of the two hands are equal, so are human beings equal to one another. No one has any right, nor any preference to claim over another. You are brothers. - Muhammed
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

ahh, OK, I get it now. :D
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

And thus anyar managed to increase his post count by five.

(And me mine by three.)

;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
taz

Post by taz »

Thanks your comments Turin :)

Demons : guess I can give them another name, if the word “demons� seems too offensive to Wesnoth players’ sensibility. I wanted to have the Characters confronted to an otherworldly evil threat, so the “Kaos� seemed to fit the purpose. But if someone has a better (more original) idea do not hesitate to let me know. Or maybe I can set the story in a word totally different from Wesnoth ?

Ancient gods : Will delete the sentence entirely in future version.

Dacyn : Will modify the unit accordingly. This will make a tougher challenge to players :)

Objectives : Had to cut the dialogues by 1/3 because once you replay a scenario too much dialogues makes it boring. Apparently had the side effect to make some objectives unclear I will try to include narrator windows such as “Move unit to x,y� or “defeat the bad guy� to make the objectives clearer.
taz

Post by taz »

zookeeper wrote: Been a while since I offered the help, but I think I could finally start working on it now. Should I just grab the latest version off the campaign server and do corrections to the .cfg files themselves, or would you prefer some other way?
Well first of all thanks very much for your proposal.

If you don’t mind you can send me the typo corrections directly on my pm (specifying the scenario or the util file and the speaker), I will do the changes myself.

I plan to release the 0.3 version next year (it will includes Turin suggestions)

I take this opportunity to wish you and all forum members a Merry X-mas.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

taz wrote:
zookeeper wrote:A bug in "Meeting the Dwarves": I was able to get Gowan killed without defeat. I'm not sure why, but sometimes the defeat triggers and sometimes not. Both times the defeat occurred was when a dwarf killed him, and both times it didn't it was blue or yellow who did it, though.
Zookeeper thanks vm for your review.

Your help will be welcome for proofreading and correcting if you have time.
Been a while since I offered the help, but I think I could finally start working on it now. Should I just grab the latest version off the campaign server and do corrections to the .cfg files themselves, or would you prefer some other way?
taz

Version 0.3

Post by taz »

The version 0.3 of the Restoration of Wesnoth campaign is now available on the server

Change log :
--------------

- Corrected some typos

- Changed the name of some scenarios.

Further to Turin’s comments have :

- Deleted all references to religion and “Abracadabra like� magical conjurations

- Added some optional help windows which (hopefully) clearly indicate the objectives of each scenario. During the 1st scenario the player will be asked if she/he wants to have these windows displayed in the current scenario and the followings scenarios as well.

-------------SPOILER WARNING -------------------

- Changed the characteristics of Dacyn. He is now quite weak in HP and melee attacks. So you’d better keep him away from trouble

- The Kaos guys changed of name. No more demons, they are now called the “Dharklings� and have ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with Hell as it is portrayed in any religion on Earth.

- The Kaos warriors and champions units have been deleted from the campaign.

-------------END OF SPOILER -------------------

Your feedbacks, whether good or not are welcome.

Taking this opportunity to wish you a Happy New year and hoping you’ll enjoy the campaign.
The Green Tooth

Post by The Green Tooth »

No need to refrain from fiery chaotic dimensions just because most great religions use it to depict evil :?

Pity, Kaos battles were very cool, nasty&evasive fire breathed flying thingies struggling to control the map against knights and dragoons :)
taz

Post by taz »

The Green Tooth wrote:No need to refrain from fiery chaotic dimensions just because most great religions use it to depict evil :?

Pity, Kaos battles were very cool, nasty&evasive fire breathed flying thingies struggling to control the map against knights and dragoons :)

Well, technically (and graphically) the (former) Kaos guys are still present in the campaign (they just changed of name for a more politically correct one) and they are just as nasty and difficult to hit as before.

By the way, thanks again to Neorice for having created these fantastic units Image which I shamelessly borrowed/modified.
Rothrorn

Post by Rothrorn »

Hello

I'm enjoying this campaign alot so far. However, since Dacyn plays a major role, it would be nice to have some mention of Gweddry as well. Perhaps he died defending the king, or even better, he could make a guest appearance.
Rothrorn the Wise
taz

Post by taz »

Rothrorn wrote:Hello

I'm enjoying this campaign alot so far. However, since Dacyn plays a major role, it would be nice to have some mention of Gweddry as well. Perhaps he died defending the king, or even better, he could make a guest appearance.
Good suggestion, I will think about it, but it would more probably be a reference somewhere in the dialogs rather than a guest appearance.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

And, considering that Gweddry is some 60-70 years younger than Dacyn, he could even help in the fighting... ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm