New Campaign: Return of the Legions (0.2.5)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ajf

Post by ajf »

I also had the problem with the flame bow, but i think actually the damage of the bow did improve, it just didnt tell me before.

But now to what i really wanted to say, i liked the campain a lot, thanks very much!

Will there be a RotL Chapter 2?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

ajf wrote:Will there be a RotL Chapter 2?
Well, I think the rest of the story would go all the way to a chapter 3 (I have the storyline roughly figured out). However, I'm not hugely motivated on actually working on it right now, so it may take quite a while for the campaign to be finished, if it ever will be. Basically I have only one new scenario finished so far, so I'll most likely release a new version when I get one or two more in a reasonably stable state, instead of waiting until I get the whole chapter 2 ready.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

What's in the server is quite nice already (and from time to time I'm replaying it just to try to get the leader completely leveled up or to finish it with the least number of turns)

lu
truffant

Post by truffant »

Thank you very much for this great campaign! It has an good plot, great scenarios, and i liked especially the option of developing the characters with the AMLA-option and the different artifacts.

Regarding the AMLA-options:

After 2/3s of the campaign, Nelayin already had all her AMLA-Options, i.e. she leveled atleast 6 times. In the end, her Exp read something like 123/28.

There i missed two things you might put in:

1. the recurring option of raising her HP by +3
2. raise with each level-up the XP-requirement, i.e. 28-> 56 -> 112 -> 168 -> 224

So the player has to decide which of the three paths (sword, bow, fireball) he should choose for Nelayin.

You'll find something along this lines in the campaign "A New Order" by szopen (another great campaign with an totally different plot and play).

But thanks again, i really had fun playing your campaign and I hope there will be an continuation of it.

truffant
dfranke
Inactive Developer

Post by dfranke »

In The Revelation, I managed to kill Rashdin. I just holed up in the tunnel with Nelayin taking the brunt and getting healed by Ilundil. After a couple WCs, Rashdin was the next to attack me. I offed him with the wand that Nelayin acquired in the third scenario.
bignall

Post by bignall »

Wow! Great job with this campaign. I enjoyed it thoroughly and look forward to the next part!
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Just echoing a couple of points from immediately above:

(i) Killed off Rashdin (and everything else in the cave!) during 'The Revelation' as I had also given Nelayin the banishment wand;

(ii) as a consequence of that same scenario, Nelayin was fully-levelled afterward, and I agree that never getting past 'level 1' even with the enhancements could do with being altered.

As a fix for (i), you might place a chest at the bottom of the cave, containing a scroll which explains how Rashdin is effectively immortal within the site of his summoning, and will return tomorrow..?
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

still no news?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

lu_zero wrote:still no news?
Nope; most of my UMC time lately has been spent on Storm of Steel. But let's all just hope I get back to work on RotL soon. ;)
im the one you think of

Post by im the one you think of »

Are you still too busy working on storm of steel zookeeper or is it that RotL has been left by the wayside? I hope not because it had a lot of promise.
Ssshh! I'm secretly male.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

+1
suokko
Inactive Developer

Post by suokko »

Hopefully fixing first level to be fully playable if python is present.
Attachments
01-Introduction.cfg
Fixed first level WML to work

There was problem with endlevel event not working
(20.28 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
jistanidiot

Re: New Campaign: Return of the Legions (0.2.5)

Post by jistanidiot »

I'm just wondering in the Introduction after you capture and then clear the village how to do get that mage to teleport and kill the bad guy? He just won't do it. I always end up with having to get the elves to do it.