WWII mod?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Axis
-Powerful tanks (Low movement, high attack, very high resistance, not so high defense. [tanks being hard to hide or dodge with.])

-Fighters should be fairly well-armoured, well-armed, but not as fast as their allied counterparts. (To reflect the ridiculous range of American warplanes, they should have high movement.)

-Two infantry branches..... One of Bundeswher (sp) type units, conscripts/militia, another of Waffen SS types, elite troops, more expensive.

Allies
-Cheaper, faster tanks (mid-range movement, mid-range attack, high resistance, slightly-higher-than-Axis-tank defense).

-Fighters should be faster than the Axis fighters, but not as heavily armed. Armour (resistances) should be similiar. Defense for all fighters should be on an individual basis, since some were more agile than others.

-Infantry should be plentiful, and shoud probably follow the same pattern as the Axis; individual types will vary, i.e. Rangers, OSS, GI's...
Although nice ideas, I disagree in some points: - Axis tanks shouldnt be only slow and heavy armor, remember that the first half of the war the Germans didnt own a heavy tank, won all the blitzkrieg with light, fast and low-armored tanks.
Axis Infantry shouldnt be called "Bundeswehr", because thats the current name of the german army, but not in WWII. Wehrmacht would be more fitting. Also, I disagree with SS as elite troops, because they weren't (except in propaganda and in moral), but maybe call the cheaper infantry axis conscripts or volkssturm.

Also, why not add a damage AA (anti air, maybe instead of cold) to damage planes, and planes have high resistance to other kinds of damage. So a fighter or a flak can shoot down planes, but a tank has more problems.

Anyway, while i'm writing this, i hope someone does the graphics ;-)
silvermane

Post by silvermane »

I'm not sure this could work as envisaged. The Wesnoth engine is not aimed at wargaming, even at semi-strategic level like Panzer General. Whereas in RPGs one onscreen unit can represent one actual figure, a game where infantry and tanks fight side by side is simply not to scale.
Isliodoth

Post by Isliodoth »

You could base it on D-Day :)
I'm not sure this could work as envisaged. The Wesnoth engine is not aimed at wargaming, even at semi-strategic level like Panzer General. Whereas in RPGs one onscreen unit can represent one actual figure, a game where infantry and tanks fight side by side is simply not to scale.
That way you could do everything into proportion (almost).
()
/[]\
/ \