Dark Elf Campaign: A New Threat

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I'll redo the shadows for the units, Neorice originally did them, however he didn't do the shadows (for some bizzare reason).
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Let's worry about the units last, we need to get all the scenarios complete first.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Assasin wrote:Let's worry about the units last, we need to get all the scenarios complete first.
I have the following problems with the scenarios so far:

Ryorin and I use different scenario numbers
Dwarves should stop being enemies sometime soon

The dark elves need to go out of the caves to make the campaign harder. Right now, I can get enough high-level units that the campaign would no longer be fun. Though I play on easy, even on hard I expect 10 scenarios to leed to many experienced units. Also, the dark elves are chaotic and dwarves are nuetral, giving the dark elves a constant advantage.

Outside of caves, the dark elves would be at a disadvantage, adding additional challenge.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

And considering there are no night elves.

I say we stick with the original plan of having to run from the dwarves by going throught he underworld facing undead and monsters. And then appearing outside the caves in elvish/human territory. Having to fight their way back. Only to enter the caves right behind the Dwarvish rearguard.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

those are my thoughts. When they emerge on the surface first they will fight bandits and then Elves for a couple scenarios, and when they finally find an entrance back in I want him to go into another Dark Elves territory, and either you have to completely destroy them within a short time, or run away and try not to kill any of the lords or nobles. They think that Varish'na is a criminal and is in cohorts with the dwarves. Then they come upon the dwarves rear guard as they are closing in on the Matron Mother.

I want this to have at least 25 scenarios, more if possible. And I need to work on what Varish'na did to give him such dishonor besides Iselas. I need to talk to Ryorin on a few ideas first.

but yeah, since I first started posting again I have written eight pages of notes on the Dark Elves, and my head is dizzy with thoughts right now.

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Assasin wrote:those are my thoughts. When they emerge on the surface first they will fight bandits and then Elves for a couple scenarios, and when they finally find an entrance back in I want him to go into another Dark Elves territory, and either you have to completely destroy them within a short time, or run away and try not to kill any of the lords or nobles. They think that Varish'na is a criminal and is in cohorts with the dwarves. Then they come upon the dwarves rear guard as they are closing in on the Matron Mother.

I want this to have at least 25 scenarios, more if possible. And I need to work on what Varish'na did to give him such dishonor besides Iselas. I need to talk to Ryorin on a few ideas first.

but yeah, since I first started posting again I have written eight pages of notes on the Dark Elves, and my head is dizzy with thoughts right now.
One unit that never got completed was the 'Tinkerer' side of the sorcerer, and has been taken out of the campaign as it seems. It was a very good unit, and I liked it. Since, the "tinkerer's" were outcasts, and Iselas is a "tinkerer" that also explains why he is an outcast.

But for Varish'na wasn't the reason that he was sent out to the Border lines was because of some miss-deed?
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
The Green Tooth

Post by The Green Tooth »

I'm very glad to see this campaign back on track :D

And now bug reports :) I started the 0.5.1 and got an "Invalid starting location (0,0) for side 1" error when loading the second scenario (Hunters). Also, at the end of scenario 1 Varish'na seemingly talks to himself about moving onward (there is no one else talking)

I feared this campaign was toast, keep up the good work :)
ILikeProgramming

The Green Tooth wrote:I'm very glad to see this campaign back on track :D

And now bug reports :) I started the 0.5.1 and got an "Invalid starting location (0,0) for side 1" error when loading the second scenario (Hunters). Also, at the end of scenario 1 Varish'na seemingly talks to himself about moving onward (there is no one else talking)

I feared this campaign was toast, keep up the good work :)
Those two bugs are fixed in 0.5.2.
xant

Post by xant »

I love the campaign.
One thing i would like to see is the fairy side of dark elves. As regular elves that develop their fairy sides become either sylphs or shydes, it would be very interesting to see what the dark elves become when they undergo the transformation. Whether the fairy side is always good and pure, which would be interesting to see(good and pure dark elves) or if the fairy side can become corrupt as well. Not to mention it would be nice to see how their fairy wings develop underground.
Every action has a consequence.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Perhaps I could work on some sort of "fallen shyde"... No units last. I'm glad to see we're back on track too (Maybe now I'll actually get the campaign numbers).

Also I was thinking about doing some unique art for the heroes, that wouldn't be too major of a job.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

xant wrote:I love the campaign.
One thing i would like to see is the fairy side of dark elves. As regular elves that develop their fairy sides become either sylphs or shydes, it would be very interesting to see what the dark elves become when they undergo the transformation. Whether the fairy side is always good and pure, which would be interesting to see(good and pure dark elves) or if the fairy side can become corrupt as well. Not to mention it would be nice to see how their fairy wings develop underground.
The Dark Elves use a different kind of magic then the Wood Elves. They don't get wings.

and if they did, they would probably look like bats.

ILikeProgramming

I wonder how the Dark Elves ended up in the caves.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

hey now, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Let us first finish these thoughts before we come up with others.

But don't worry, I've already figured out how they came in the caves, you'll just have to wait for Episode 1: Hidden Menace :wink:

Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

What do you think of some sort of custom art for the heroes though? I mean so that Varish'na and co. don't look quite the same as everyone else. And please don't make the prequel about a young boy, with a high midi-chlorain (However the heck that's spelled) count.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Varish'na is pretty much custom, as for Voldel and Traya I've always intended to make them custom graphics, but for practical purposes we are using the other pics for now.

and the prequels, if we even have any, will probably be about how they got into the caves, and it will have nothing to do with Star Wars, thank God