Nudity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

genosuke

Nudity

Post by genosuke »

I'd like to put my campaign "Whore War" on the campaign server, but I don't know if it's acceptable to have nude characters. If it's not, then I'll put some clothes on them :)
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Not very good idea.. Wesnoth players range from 4 and on...
Even the name could be unapropiate... maybe just put it zipped here
Disto

Post by Disto »

You can, but yeah just post it on the forums and put a warning on it.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Place a BIG warning on it.

Personally, I would be offended if you were to use elements from my campaign in this, although I cannot technically stop you.

Besides, who would play this? People do not want to play Wesnoth to see women running around naked. They want a strategic challenge, not a wild orgy.

But please, keep this off the campaign server!
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

MadMax wrote:Place a BIG warning on it.

Personally, I would be offended if you were to use elements from my campaign in this, although I cannot technically stop you.

Besides, who would play this? People do not want to play Wesnoth to see women running around naked. They want a strategic challenge, not a wild orgy.

But please, keep this off the campaign server!

I am with you all the way man! If it was up to me, I wouldn't have it posted at all! But then again, as MadMax said, technically I can't stop you.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

The campaign is about a gender war that was sparked by an incident involving a king and his "slaves". The nude units were only in the first scenario and at the end of the third scenario. If I change the campaign name and modify the slave units, then the campaign will not contain any objectionable content (there are no sexual references).

I won't waste my time modifying the campaign because I admit that it was a stupid idea. I just wanted to create a female vs. male campaign and I figured the best reason for the conflict would be the mistreatment of a group of women by men.
Attila

Post by Attila »

genosuke wrote:I just wanted to create a female vs. male campaign and I figured the best reason for the conflict would be the mistreatment of a group of women by men.
Because the obvious best way to portray the mistreatment of women by a king is a campaign called "Whore War" for a game meant for ages as low as four or five.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

I'm sorry. Had I known that 4 and 5 year olds play Wesnoth, I wouldn't have made an adult-themed campaign. The campaign was originally about a king's son who was being held captive by orcs. I shouldn't have changed it.

BTW, the mistreatment was neither shown nor mentioned. It was just implied by the attempted escape in the first scenario. Of course, they were nude, so it was pretty obvious how they were mistreated.
scott

Post by scott »

That's pretty funny.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

I wonder if any old timers from this forum remeber the thread about having the shyde be nude.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
CBaoth

Post by CBaoth »

is it posted or no?
RAR!!!
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

CBaoth wrote:is it posted or no?
The nude Shyde?

Its probebly still there since we couldn't upload images back then (so it wasn't lost in the crash).

EDIT: The images were linked to from fmunoz's old site which seems to be gone, but I would think he still has the sprites.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience