A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

truffant

Post by truffant »

Thanks for making this great campaign!

The AMLA-Options for example were great!

The plot was great! I appreciated that you lost key-members like Karen or that guy Lorin got well together with :-)

truffant
Null

Post by Null »

Whenever I try to download this campaign, the download bar gets to 99% and then Wesnoth freezes. Does any one know a way to fix this problem?
WarriorPrince

Battle of Barnon

Post by WarriorPrince »

I'm playing vers 0.8.6 on Wesnoth 1.2.2 and the Battle of Barnon scenario isn't loading up Lorin or Reme.

I've tried restarting my machine, wesnoth, and the campaign but none of these work.

By the way, it's on Mac 10.4.8 if that affects things.

p.s. I'm really enjoying the campaign but sometimes the English isn't quite right. If you want a Native English Speaker's perspective, let me know.
Luksa

Error in lvl 3 (or 4 doesn't matter 3 is only conversation)

Post by Luksa »

Well.. I finished another campaign and moved to this.

When I got to level Conversation (Btw number 3), there seems to be a bug which I can't find out.
The coding is well I suppose, but Lorin and the other guy (Reme I guess) don't recall themselves.

Which is also a response to the previous message by Warrior prince. I guess there is a bug with the new version right?
Anyway it doesn't look so bad, so please when you'll have time look at the error there if you find any.
kossa

Battle of Barnon

Post by kossa »

No recall of Reme and Lorin + No recall of any units from previous scenarios.
I don't know if the campaign has been modified, if not this can be a bug, since the campaign in other versions allowed to recall units as "bodyguards" for Lorin later in the game.
Cahir Mawr aep Griffin

the abovementioned bug

Post by Cahir Mawr aep Griffin »

Please, someone who has some knowledge about coding, look into the mission "conversation". Two characters (Lorin, Reme) do not appear.
And the next mission Barnor or something like that is unplayable because of this problem.
Thanks
vonHalenbach
Translator

Some picture paths were wrong.

Post by vonHalenbach »

Hello.

I played "A new Order" version 0.8.6 with BfW 1.2.2 and enjoyed it very much.

Some pathes of the pictures were wrong.

akladian/akl-clanmember-melee.png should be changed to akladian/akl-clanmember-melee1.png

story_images/haelting.gif is missing compleatly. I don't know if it got deleted or must be painted.

attacks/staff.png should be
attacks/druidstaff.png

attacks/sword.png should be
attacks/sword-human.png

terrain/trash.png and rocks.png should be found in
misc/trash.png
misc/rocks.png
Cahir Mawr aep Griffin

how come?

Post by Cahir Mawr aep Griffin »

That's really weird. I also have BFW 1.2.2 (well now 1.2.3) and the same version of the campaign and it is buggy. I downloaded it through the "in-game" client. Also I didn't find some of the pictures you mentioned and some of them were already corrected.

vonHalenbach, did you download it through the game?Maybe you can send me your savefile for the mission after Barnon, that would solve my problem, I hope.
viorc

Re: the abovementioned bug

Post by viorc »

Cahir Mawr aep Griffin wrote:Please, someone who has some knowledge about coding, look into the mission "conversation". Two characters (Lorin, Reme) do not appear.
And the next mission Barnor or something like that is unplayable because of this problem.
Thanks
It seems there are new problems with path to some unit pictures. For example in the first scenario, the medic (using the sprite of a mage) does not appear. Can you check it by selecting the tile were the caracters should be shown (usually around castle) and see if the detail of the unit does show on the right panel of your window (where you find unit's detail)?
If so, there is no WML problem but most certainly path or file name problem.
Sharur

Post by Sharur »

What happened to Grekulak in the last real scenario (Orannon)? Once I killed Bor Cryne, the scenario was over, and Grekulak never showed up.
viorc

Post by viorc »

Sharur wrote:Once I killed Bor Cryne, the scenario was over, and Grekulak never showed up.
It is a know bug (see this report). Fixing it would require some serious AI behavior tweaks that I have been unable to do. The work-around is to wait Grekulak arrives to kill Bor Cryne ;)
tvd

Battle of Barnon - Can't Recall

Post by tvd »

I'm also seeing a problem with Battle of Barnon. Only Gawen is loaded, and I can't recall any of my surviving troops. Any update on this bug?

Wesnoth ver. 1.2.3
A New Order 0.8.6

TVD
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

Szopen is currently unavaible and excluding the translation updates campaign is currently unmantained (and will probably remain in that state for awhile yet). So don't expect any bugfixes in near future.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
peet

Post by peet »

I just recently played this scenario on 1.2.4 and did not have a problem. So maybe it's a Wesnoth version issue.

Peet
ArcaneWeapon

Post by ArcaneWeapon »

Downloaded from link on the first post and after selecting the difficulty the progam says there was an error and quits the game. There somewhere else to get a working version?