A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

szopen

Post by szopen »

Hmm... There is some error in the files. Not sure where it is.. checking.
alxrem

Post by alxrem »

szopen wrote:Hmm... There is some error in the files. Not sure where it is.. checking.
What kind of errors?
WBR
Alexey
szopen

Post by szopen »

Version 0.7.2a

This is only translation update.
Within next month or two I intend to check the campaign behaviour with wesnoth 1.1 but this is low priority task.

Also, if someone would want to contribute by adding images, portraits, correcting English mistakes or bug-reports/patches, he is welcome to either sent me pm or post here.

There is page prepared by alxrem. I will incorporate the bugs listed there in next version.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampaignANe ... BugReports
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

szopen wrote:Also, if someone would want to contribute by adding images, portraits, correcting English mistakes or bug-reports/patches, he is welcome to either sent me pm or post here.

There is page prepared by alxrem. I will incorporate the bugs listed there in next version.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampaignANe ... BugReports
There is someone working on the english part. I guess you noticed the en_GB translation? The author of this one intends to work on this but is more used to do en_GB --> en_US corrections so he's working on the translation first and will feed you his improvement suggestions next IIUC.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
szopen

Post by szopen »

Thx. Remember only that such changes could greatly increase of "fuzzy" text in other translations :)
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Yes, such changes will do that but you still have to put them into the scenarios for this to occur. So it'll be your fault. :wink:

DeWulf

Post by DeWulf »

I want to get right through the en_GB before looking at the US. I'm trying to go fast though, as the English text is really the only weak point in an otherwise fantastic scenario. The story is strong, and long too, which always appeals.

I'm aiming to get 100 to 200 codes translated each week - though this week is a little slow, and I lost a few (only a hundred or so in the end) when moving house - luckily I made a backup!

I'll send torangan an update at the end of the week.

I do have a thought though:

Those cases where the English is confusing, or doesn't mean what it was intended to mean, are few, and mostly occur in the longer texts. Most of the 'errors' in the shorter texts, such as remarks and exclamations made by the characters, are clear in what they mean, and actually add to the atmosphere of the story by having a certain 'old europe' charm - I'm leaving those largely as they are. What I wondered was whether it would help if I sent you improvements to the longer texts one-by-one, rather than waiting unitil I have reviewed all 2500(!) ?
szopen

Post by szopen »

Well, one by one is one extreme. Sending 2500 is second.

Best option IMO is sending 100-200 lines per week :)
alxrem

Post by alxrem »

2szopen: Please, check new bugreports.
WBR
Alexey
flava_clown

Post by flava_clown »

first of all... thanx for such a nice campaign, the best custom campaign i've played so far. interessting story, unique ideas, funny dialogs.

too bad that i had to play with the savegames more in the texteditor than in wesnoth (1.1) and now with 1.1.2a there is a problem with the fights. i guess the problem is the range=short which should be range=melee ... just a guess i am a wesnoth noob ;) but back to the problem, if one of your units fights against a standard unit then it doen't fight back, while the standard unit doesn't fight back if one of yours attack. it's like that they don't have an fitting counter-attack. if you understand what i mean.

oh and the campaign should have an image under the description, something like that:

however, thanx for making this campaign!
szopen

Post by szopen »

alxrem, th for your wonderful job. I will have free time this weekend, I will fix everything and I will issue the next release at Monday. Also, I think I will start (reluctantly) the job of moving the campaign to wesnoth 1.1 version. Right now, I don't know even how much work it will demand.
szopen

Post by szopen »

flava_clown: Thank you for your feedback. The moving to wesnoth 1.1 is low on my priority list, but I _do_ intend to do that in the (not very) near future.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

szopen wrote:flava_clown: Thank you for your feedback. The moving to wesnoth 1.1 is low on my priority list, but I _do_ intend to do that in the (not very) near future.
I'd suggest to wait for 1.1.3 since there are still major changes underway. By then it should probably stabilize a bit.

szopen

Post by szopen »

Torangan, who should be credited for en_gb translation?
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Harry Dewulf is the one who was working on the en_GB translation. He posted in this thread recently...