A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

szopen

Post by szopen »

tomsik, 0.0.6? Impossible. I have played it on easy without problems :-o

I will check it home, since I have to go now..
szopen

Post by szopen »

New release is just on the way to campaign server. What's new: scenario Ally from the Past is now more or less finished, though I think it may be a bit too easy (and I can't figure out why ai leader is ignoring leader_goal tag)

*Added wayfarer sprites as replacements for akl-lady, akl-princess and akl-queen.
*Breaking the circle: correcting the bug which caused Reme not to say "bring Gawen to the keep" when the leader was dead. Lorin now reminds that she wants to have a final blow (or should it be strike in English?).
*Fighting the pass: adding one dialogue if Lady Lorin kills the messenger.

Next release will be at Thursday, I hope I will balance the Outlaw Base scenario and maybe Hired Swords.
szopen

Post by szopen »

New realase is on the way to server. CHANGELOG is below:

*Ally from the past: Removing Reme from Recall list
*OutlawBase: changing the map, balancing campaign, correcting dialogue. It was the most fun scenario for balancing for me until now.
*Hired Swords: changing Aragwaith Archer stats, correcting dialogue

Hey guys, I want to have some feedback to made the campaign even better.
Do not hesitate to post your remarks. Do you like the campaign? What about story? Dialogue? What about scenarios themselves? Do you think it have the potential or is it a crap not worth continuing?
Ave

Post by Ave »

in reme's talk: imedietely ->immediately

Heh, the Lady's braindamaged dialog doesn't belong here :)
You know which i meant: all your bases belong us.

suprising->surprising (Reme's talk when traitors turn on Gawen)
Ave

Post by Ave »

After 2 turns, it said i resisted 4 turns.
And didn't finish!
szopen

Post by szopen »

Ave wrote:in reme's talk: imedietely ->immediately

Oh, it's still there? It's a internal joke to grzywacz. Check
"all your base are belong to us" phrase on internet. The grammar and all are intentional.

http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/
Thanks.
Last edited by szopen on July 15th, 2005, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Ave wrote:After 2 turns, it said i resisted 4 turns.
And didn't finish!
Hm.. you can resist as long as you want, and you will get 40gp for each turn resisted above limit. Could you send me your savegame?

BTW, anyone who plays the campaign may send me savegame if he finished Battle of Barnon. The set of macros used was quite buggy and it resulted in strange effects in later scenarios (e.g. Two Gawen Hagarthens etc). I will correct it free and send back in either Monday or Tuesday.
szopen

Post by szopen »

New version is on its way to campaign server.

*Corrected some sprites by Wayfarer
*general corrections of grammar and missing articles here and there
*faction of Aragwaiths: correcting image names in .cfg files, changing their stats to those proposed by Elvish Pillager
*Hired Swords: correcting bug which caused that Lorin couldn't recall
five best troops given to her by Reme in "Separation" scenario.
*Separation: clearing variable ano_lorin_units so units stored previously
won't be added to Lorin's troops.
*Siege of Haeltin: corrected map, added enemy, added starting dialogue.
Siege of Haeltin and Hired Swords are not balanced.

Next release will be probably in Tuesday, less probably in Monday.

What changes are intended: two or three more scenarios, new story, and maybe some new pictures :)

I have not experienced the bug reported by Ave. Ave, could you please add more details (version of campaign, Wesnoth, OS)? Does it stll acts like that in new versions of campaign? (Note: you have to start scenario again from the very beginning (of the sceanrio, not of the campaign!), because Wesnoth includes the campaign code in savegame: so if you want to start from some of saves, say Battle_Of_Barnon_Turn_10, then it will use old code...
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Reporting error: The argwraith arcer does'nt advace to anything (if one of them get enough xp to advace it can't advance to anything because there is no thing written in advaceto)
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
scott

Post by scott »

Ave wrote: You know which i meant: all your bases belong us.
Actually....
Attachments
AYB_calvin.jpg
AYB_calvin.jpg (68.9 KiB) Viewed 6011 times
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ave

Post by Ave »

szopen wrote:
Ave wrote:in reme's talk: imedietely ->immediately

Oh, it's still there? It's a internal joke to grzywacz. Check
"all your base are belong to us" phrase on internet. The grammar and all are intentional.

http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/
Thanks.
Yes, i know the origin of that sentence, but it doesn't "belong" to a fantasy game :)
Ave

Post by Ave »

The problem is that i have to survive for 5 turns regardless of difficulty. There is no code to handle the 3/5/7 turns when checking for the victory condition.

a few typos in the scenario after the saurians (ally from the past):
in moerre crynenoj's speech:
1. immedietely->immediately
2. underlings may soon came ->underlings may soon come
in ruvio's speech:
enemies should left->enemies should leave

The aragwaith attack image references are bad (archer and swordsman)<--- this has been fixed already

the akladian light infantry image is missing (because the existing image name is akl-light-infantry-807
scott

Post by scott »

The image akl-light-infantry_807.png should be renamed to akl-light-infantry.png
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Thanks. Tomorrow I will release next version, with bugfixes and I hope new scenario and balancing.

BTW, scenario with Aragwaiths is NOT balanced yet, though it is finished. Next scenario is NOT finished.

If in scenario with Lorin you can recall more than five units, it is a bug (You should be able to recall only FIVE units given by Reme, in newest version it should work IF you played Separation scenario in latest version - it still won't work if you played Separation scenario in some earlier version, since units which can be recalled are written in savegames. Similarly, after Separation netiher Gawen nor Lorin should be able to recall Reme.
Teldar

Post by Teldar »

Don't forget to maintain the version number in A_New_Order.cfg; I guess the following notes are related to 0.0.9, d/l on 17.7.2005, played on 0.9.3+CVS

* Breaking the circle: some unit images not found in NORMAL and EASY. Missed interrogation of the assassin in favor of more surviving units.

* Fighting through the pass: went smoothly in normal. I have no objections against the limited tactical possibilities on your small maps. There are enough other campains with big battles. Also I enjoyed the map decorations.

*Battle of Barnon: Resisted to the last turn, and felt I could win a second run. Yet I don't think you should make the level significantly harder. I'm habitually playing with a lot of saves/restores.

*Unexpected Guests: Needed a second run to get the right tactical plan, typical for shrouds. Interrogated the northern orcish warlord.

*Ally from the past: The AI is too cautious to make a decisive move toward the leader_goal. Perhaps you should make the map one or two rows higher. Or what would happen, if the AI would be neutral?

*Outlaw Base: Nice map, I feel it a little wasted with the weak outlaws. It could be used for a longer battle with the returning outlaw army. Perhaps with a temporary ally from the NE?
Only now, while reading the scenario, I'm realizing, that I missed the opportunity to hire Rob Row. The need to kill Rob with Gawen becomes only apparent, when it is already too late. Gawen should think in a start {MESSAGE} of asking Rob a few questions.

*Hired swords: The announced story part should give a hint to storm the northern castle. The map geography leads to attack east.
In my first try, lorin_kills were correctly counted. Im my second try, they were silently ignored. Don't know, what might make that difference.

*Siege of Haeltin: I killed all 3 enemies, yet with frequent saves/restores. So it should get a little harder.

- I like the texts of Lady Lorin. Maybe a little bit too stereotyped, but entertaining nevertheless.

Overall I enjoyed your story telling and hope you have still a long and twisted plot in mind.