A New Order.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

flava_clown

Post by flava_clown »

hi szopen

i think to change the range from every unit isn't a big deal, just a few mouse clicks and your done (with a tool like "replace in files") i did it for another campaign (for my own). however i think there is a bit more to do like the abilities, but also not too much work. i dunno what else have to be done to get it to work with 1.1.2 ... some scenario changes too? holy hell, this will be then a fulltime job ;)
is there somewhere a guide which tells you what changes are needed? sorry i haven't an own internet connection and because that it's not easy to inform myself, since the internet time is damn short and pass by really fast...
while we talk about it, i would like if the link from the first post points to the latest version as it says and not to something outdated... keep in mind that i can't use wesnoth to download campaigns!

cheers
szopen

Post by szopen »

torangan wrote:Harry Dewulf is the one who was working on the en_GB translation. He posted in this thread recently...
Just wanted to know how he should be credited :)

Ok.

Flava_clown: Ok, I will update the link on my page very soon now (tm)
szopen

Post by szopen »

Hm... seems my campaign is still impossible to download via web server :(

CHANGELOG for 0.7.3

Actually, should be 0.7.2b, but together with previous changes I think
it justifies the changes to 0.7.3
*Update of translations, also addition of it translation
*correct typos, gettext issues, etc posted by alxrem on ANew Order bug page.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Translators, please check your .po files on Wescamp. Due to correction of typos, some fuzzy messages were introduced. Correcting them should be easy for you.
szopen

Post by szopen »

New typos were posted to WesCamp. translators, please check your .po files.
szopen

Post by szopen »

CHANGELOG 07.3a

*Correcting typos
*Updating some translations (it, czech, polish)
Murska

Post by Murska »

I'd need some help, as always when I get to the last turn of the scenario "Siege of Haeldin" it gives me an error message of about this content: Unit "Orcish Shaman" not found. And then exits. I can't finish the scenario, I think I might be able to continue by beating all of the leaders, but it never seems to succeed. If I divide my forces, they are beaten, if I concentrate, I don't have the time.

EDIT: Beat it finally, but now the next scen won't load, it says its this time missing Elvish Lord.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Hm.. on what version of Wesnoth and what version of the ANO you play the game? Wesnoth 1.1.+ is unsupported
Jym

Post by Jym »

I just started playing ANO yesterday. I haven't read the whole forum thread, so this might have already be mentionned...

I think there is a small problem in the second scenario. For some reason, when you recall a castle full of units, the ennemy does not recruit anything at turn 1. Then, at turn 2 you can contact the first guard with one of the 3 strating units (eg the mother) thus having all (but the leader) units in enemy castle join your ranks (become green).

And for soem reason (maybe the same), blue still does not recruit at turn 2! Thus leaving the leader alone facing 4 units. End of scenario at turn 3, lot of gold.
See the replay at jymoyen.free.fr/Wesnoth/replays/A_New_Order/

However, if you do not recruit at turn 1 (I tried in order to have even more gold for later...), then the ennemy recruits at turn 1 and the 4 rebels units in his castle at turn 2 won't stand a chance... This is, in whole, a rather strange behaviour of the IA.

Of course, the whole thing is not that interesting since at that point in the campaign and with these units (7 loyals + powerful AMLAs) you need XPs more than gold.

By the way, the game engine has a quite strange behaviour when a unit in a village change side... The village is still controlled by the initial side (in this case blue) but does provides healing to the ocupying unit...

Last (for now) remark: do you intend to try and port for Wesnoth 1.1 ? I would rather have campaigns working on 1.1 (I don't know what amount of work this represent, I think I've seen somewhere a script automatically translating units cfg from 1.0 to 1.1 but I don't know how much of WML for campaign has changed...) I guess that in your case, TC would be quite useful to get ride of the duplicate units (which, as far as I've seen, only differ by their image).
Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.
Seleukus

Post by Seleukus »

Bug:

In scenario four (Battle of Barnon), I sent my experienced (recalled) forces to attack Castle Barnon. However, Urie van Roe (another lord, to the southeast) says that I'm attacking HIM instead, and gets reinforcements. In actuality, all my experienced units were in the north, and some Warriors I had hastily recruited were cowering in the city!

Another apparent bug is that as soon as my 'allies' reveal their treachery, the southwestern leader (forgot his name) says that I'm 'coming for him', and receives reinforcements. In fact, I was doing no such thing.

EDIT: I managed to kill Barnone, because of this bug. I am playing on Easy, by the way.

Also, I find it strange that you apparently have three different types of Akladian Warriors (each with a separate but exactly same description.) Two of them are capable of 'advancing' into the Akladian Leader (also level 1), while one is capable of advancing into the Akladian Chieftain. Other than that, the only difference is their pictures. This also applies to many other units.

EDIT: Another bug: If you retreat from Bontom, you get a message about Reme being rescued, even though you didn't rescue him; he doesn't join you, though. Also, you can't go back there.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Thanks for thwe bug reports. Unfortunately, I am bogged down in real life activities and I will be unable to investigate for at least one month.

Just quick answer: the only reason to have three different Akladians units of the same type is to avoid situation in which you are fighting against essentially the same looking units. I decided it would be better if player could visually distinguish units.
Seleukus

Post by Seleukus »

Another bug is that the Agrawaithi Pikemen have attacks of 0-2, consequentially making them useless except as cannon fodder.

EDIT: Second bug: In "Scouting Near Barnon", even though I killed Hoyre O Barnone in the Battle of Barnon (see above post), he turns up again. Then again, since you weren't supposed to be able to kill him in the Battle of Barnon, this might not really qualify as a bug.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Who would want to take over maintance over the "A new order"?
Jym

Post by Jym »

Seleukus wrote:Another bug is that the Agrawaithi Pikemen have attacks of 0-2, consequentially making them useless except as cannon fodder.
Bugfix : edit the .cfg file (in your userdata/data/campaign/ANO/units directory) and replace the "amage=17" line by "damage=17" (or similar problem, I don't remember the details here).

Similar problem with the Swordmaster, you should replace "{AMLA_THOGH}" by "{AMLA_THOUGH}" if you want him to be able to get AMLA.

EDIT: another similar problem exists with Gawen. At highest level, his "fighter" AMLA (the one giving him +1 damage) do not increase MAX_XP => you can take it as many times as possible and still have max XP at 100, so it is basically a big advantage to take it as much as possible before going for any other AMLA.

PS : I'm now somewhere around scenarios 21. Great campaign (even if I do cheat a lot by reading the easter eggs in advance...) I'll probably be able to finish the campaign and upload my replays in one week or something similar (hopefully).

I particulary enjoyed the AMLAs and the diverging branches (when you alternate between Lorin and Gawen), and also the large scale maps with choices are quite a good idea.

I dislike the fact that you can only interogate ennemies with certains units, since they have 60% defence in castle and your units can often deal tremendous amounts of damage, that often means that I loose a couple of turn just waiting because Gawen need 3 hits to kill the ennemy and I cannot aford risking him being killed by, say, the avenger, while only trying to soften him up...
Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.
viorc

I would rather have campaigns working on 1.1

Post by viorc »

Jym wrote: Last (for now) remark: do you intend to try and port for Wesnoth 1.1 ? I would rather have campaigns working on 1.1 (I don't know what amount of work this represent, I think I've seen somewhere a script automatically translating units cfg from 1.0 to 1.1 but I don't know how much of WML for campaign has changed...)
If you use the process as described in this thread you can convert the campaign to a 1.1 compatible format. You just need two manual hacks in the file programming-macros.cfg to make it loadable.
The final file should look like the one put in attachment.
I haven't played to whole campaign though (I will do so on SVN version), so there may be some problem ahead.
Attachments
programming-macros.cfg
Manually changed file to load on 1.1 version (tested on SVN version)
(9.72 KiB) Downloaded 174 times