Blessed Altar Mod release 2.0.0

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dinosaur

Blessed Altar Mod release 2.0.0

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi all, Dinosaur here. Yesterday I published BAM version 2.0.0 tested on 14.6. I have added and expanded menu options with over 200 new Abilities and Weapon Specials. along with other minor cosmetic changes and enhancements. Check it out :D

I had been hesitant to release because there was one thing I was having trouble with and for the life of me I can't find a solution to.
I would like to be able to reposition many of the menu options to the left side of the display screen in order to remove that 1/3 of wasted space and show more of the description without scrolling right. There must be an easy command or positioning attribute for these Options somewhere but I can't seem to find it in the reference documents. I looked into pango commands but they seems to refer to text between the quotes not the positioning of the total display. I even tried the image_pos=right but it had no effect at all.

If anyone knows this coding trick or can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. :D
Thanks in advance for you Help!!!

Dinosaur
vghetto

Re: Blessed Altar Mod release 2.0.0

Post by vghetto »

I don't know if this would work, but did you try setting the menu image to a dummy 1px width image?
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Thank you for responding ... I have not seen this. Do mean something like "image=dummy" along with some mysterious px=1? If I could accomplish this it would greatly improve the readability of all of these menus..... I will search the wml reference again. Thanks for you help... Dinosaur
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I meant try creating a new transparent 1x1 px image with gimp, or maybe even try to scale the existing 72x72 misc/blank-hex.png to 1px like so:

Code: Select all

image=misc/blank-hex.png~SCALE(1,1)
I don't know if either would work, but you can try.

Edit: I just tried SCALE(1,1) on my mod and it worked, the menu width stayed small and without the star image.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Thank you, vghetto OK... I've been playing around with your suggestion for several hours now and unfortunately had marginal success.

I was able to remove the image on the top most [message] and may even have shrunk it but the text did not move to the left as I had hoped. In fact almost all of my [option] text entries have a smaller cropped image in front of the text which I want to keep. It's that big space on the left that I am trying to remove. So I figure that the solution must be relative to the top most [message] tag level but I can't find any attributes in WML reference which deals with positioning, of what is termed as the text field, in the overall message.

So I will continue to play with this for a while. :(

Thanks again, Dinosaur
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Ah, I misunderstood your request. I thought you you were talking about [set_menu_item] and its width. Never mind me then.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

vghetto, I understand, Pewhaps I should try posting this question in the coding category. In any event, I greatly appreciate your response.
Thanks again, Dinosaur :D