WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vghetto

WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Post by vghetto »

Settle a new town north of the Great River.

A city-building Wesnoth campaign, requiring you to balance the building of new villages against the need to defend them.

This campaign is more focused on gold management, strategic construction, and city defenses.

Wild Frontiers is a fork of 'Cities of the Frontier' v0.6.1 by esci.

Github

CotF thread
esci wrote: January 25th, 2014, 5:18 pm Finally, if anyone is actually interested in making a fork of CotF to add more features, I'm supportive and will give pointers about the code if you need them.
vghetto

Re: WF - Wild Frontiers [SP Campaign]

Post by vghetto »

WF ranks:
Spoiler:
WF right click menus.
Spoiler:
Updates messy tidy changelog:
Spoiler:
Post character limit reached, look at the next post for the rest of the changelog.
Last edited by vghetto on August 9th, 2021, 7:52 am, edited 317 times in total.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Spoiler:
Updates messy tidy changelog part ii:
Spoiler:
Version 3.2.5
* Bridges collapse in the winter. You can restore them with the peasant workers
* update all road_costs
* indoor map have random walls and floors terrains
* animals can spawn on regular ground
* reduced start animals from 15 to 10
* nerfed starting bonuses
* great tree becomes dead great tree in the autumn
* reduced chance of spawning level 0 animals.
* better starting roads on all maps, including URM
* individual resistance rings efficacy increased to +20 from +10
* debugging options moved to custom

Version 3.3.0
* Fixed wolves spawned on plain grounds not attacking.
* Added new market item "Book of traps" that allows the unit to behave as a Peasant Worker and lay traps.
* Peasant Workers, Casters, Destroyers and the Poacher line can't pickup this item.
* The Poacher line gets this ability by default. After all they advance into Trapper :roll:
* The traps can be laid in the main map and the sub-scenario maps like URM. Cave Uu, Uue are now valid terrain for projects.
* Currently they can do: Spike trap, Slow trap, plant mushroom (even without book of fungi), Brazier, Plow Snow in the winter,
Remove traps.
* even better road costs.
* Sacrifice and traps have a time out. Traps timeout is not linked to rank.
* Sacrifice and traps effects are compounded.
* Pave the roads with default map road in URM.
* Extra sacrifice gold given when undead bonus is unlocked
* bi-directional tunnels is an undead bonus now.
* unscalable castle walls is an orc bonus.
* They types of orchish or undead raids are selected from a random list. (like bandits, and wild guardians)
Last edited by vghetto on November 2nd, 2021, 11:00 am, edited 59 times in total.
mateus_70

Post by mateus_70 »

version 1.0.26. playing on Wesnoth 1.14.5 on Debian, difficulty medium/trailblaiser
I finished it right now, and:
* In the second year, it was spring or summer (i don't remember exactly), calamity attacked. It was the "retired soldiers" or something like that. That was too hard for second year. I had to restart the scenario. (He didn't spawn again, this is good, but I didn't like to restart).
* I like the idea of building two times the same building you can get 'new' units. The horseman was explained on the construction menu, how you can get it, but the dark adepts and Sergeant weren't. The Sergeant I remember in one message was explained, though.
* It was winter, first winter, animals rushing and I barely moving on the field, the 'alied' "didn't" help. That makes sense for me if it was not winter, not to harm animals and such. (but they were after bandits)
* On the first winter, as I knew I could not protect the light houses, so I left it unprotected, the animals went for it on the first opportunity.
* Everybody not putting fire on villages during winter was good.
* Loyal on AMLA, i liked it. (in general I like the idea of giving some bonus to a unit that fought a lot, even if it change the balance of the game)
* New size farm was good.
* Would be good if we could also destroy some building, maybe that place is good for another thing.
* Can other keep be constructed? Or any reason to not be allowed.
* The friends of Wesnoth, (the ones who not attack you of course) fought to the last men. Is desirable that he can recruit? Maybe he kill some bandit leader then earn some gold, or he stays for a given number of turns, then retreats.
* The message when I killed (so many) leaders of elvish groups was written for a pillagers/bandit/orc, not for an forest protector.
* Some messages repeats. Like gold running low (this is a good message, but this repeat many times, two or three would be enough i think)
Many sides, some against others, was good to balance.
If you have many enemies, let them fight, they like fighting (among them...) for sure! XD
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Thank you for this great feedback.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am version 1.0.26. playing on Wesnoth 1.14.5 on Debian, difficulty medium/trailblaiser
I finished it right now, and:
Did you keep going after reaching the 2000 gold? Did you feel the 2000 gold goal as reasonable, too low or too high of a bar?
What did you think of the changing village upkeep support?
Any thoughts about the cost or the number of turns for each building?
Should August season have fog?
What about the number of outlaw groups that spawned (Green and purple)? Too many groups? Too little?
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am version 1.0.26. playing on Wesnoth 1.14.5 on Debian, difficulty medium/trailblaiser
* In the second year, it was spring or summer (i don't remember exactly), calamity attacked. It was the "retired soldiers" or something like that. That was too hard for second year. I had to restart the scenario. (He didn't spawn again, this is good, but I didn't like to restart).
Calamities are meant to be difficult, but any summer calamity that you might face won't reappear until all of the other calamities have been flushed out first. That would be like multiple years later. And yes, reloading the original save file will randomly select a different calamity for that summer. There is also a chance of having a summer with no calamity at all.
Calamities are a bit difficult because they are allied with the animals. I will create a table of who is allied with whom and which ones will burn down things later on.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * I like the idea of building two times the same building you can get 'new' units. The horseman was explained on the construction menu, how you can get it, but the dark adepts and Sergeant weren't. The Sergeant I remember in one message was explained, though.
Thanks, I forgot to add Sergeants to the Peasant Workers message menu, that is fixed along with the Dark Adepts addition. It was done in version 1.0.27, that's why you missed it. The only building that is singular for now is the Bowyer, any suggestions for a new recruit addition is welcome.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * It was winter, first winter, animals rushing and I barely moving on the field, the 'alied' "didn't" help. That makes sense for me if it was not winter, not to harm animals and such. (but they were after bandits)
Your allies, the king's guards, don't attack animals at all. In fact they are allied with them. I'll explain this later.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * On the first winter, as I knew I could not protect the light houses, so I left it unprotected, the animals went for it on the first opportunity.
The lighthouse is tricky because it is a unit and not an actual building, so even though animals don't destroy buildings, the lighthouse is vulnerable to all enemies. I don't know how to fix that on a technical level.
The reason why everyone goes after it first in AI terms is because it is the easiest target for them. It cannot attack and it's HP is very low. So they have 100% chance of success.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * Everybody not putting fire on villages during winter was good.
Yeah, village burning in the winter felt too harsh especially since there is 0 income coming from them and you need them for the upkeep which gets doubled in the winter.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * Loyal on AMLA, i liked it. (in general I like the idea of giving some bonus to a unit that fought a lot, even if it change the balance of the game)
Glad you liked it.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * New size farm was good.
The new size felt more intuitive for me, not to mention it occupied less space. the 3 by 3 made it almost impossible to defend the villages in the winter given how slow everyone moves.
If anyone would prefer the original CotF size over this new one, all they have to do is delete the following line from _main.cfg

Code: Select all

extra_defines=ENABLE_FARM_2X3
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * Would be good if we could also destroy some building, maybe that place is good for another thing.
Latest version allows for that with the Dark Adepts, just move them to the unwanted structure and right click Destroy structure...
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * Can other keep be constructed? Or any reason to not be allowed.
I have no plans of doing that, the idea is that you are building a new town and your keep is the main center of it. The destruction of that keep will end the game in defeat. If more people ask for allowing more keeps, I would reconsider, but for now I feel one is enough.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * The friends of Wesnoth, (the ones who not attack you of course) fought to the last men. Is desirable that he can recruit? Maybe he kill some bandit leader then earn some gold, or he stays for a given number of turns, then retreats.
Allies appear at least once every season, if a new season comes and the leader of that group is still alive then a new group won't spawn at all and it gets pushed further to the following season.
Yes, I agree they tend to die off fairly quickly, but at the same time I don't want to overpower them so they don't take all of your kills. I'll see what I can do about them, for now I'm think of:
*Adding more units to the group size.
*Keep their current size number, but make the leader a level 3 unit while the rest of the group level 2.
*Reduce the time they would reappear so they would spawn twice every season instead of once.
Of those 3 which would you prefer?
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am * The message when I killed (so many) leaders of elvish groups was written for a pillagers/bandit/orc, not for an forest protector.
* Some messages repeats. Like gold running low (this is a good message, but this repeat many times, two or three would be enough i think)
Yeah, I got lazy with the messages. Some of them are inaccurate and covey false information. I need to revisit them at some point.
The gold running low warning happens only once every season if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if I would change that because unlike other wesnoth campaigns, a negative gold is an instant defeat, and sometimes I would lose track with the buildings or recruiting. So it's good to keep it at once every season.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am Many sides, some against others, was good to balance.
If you have many enemies, let them fight, they like fighting (among them...) for sure! XD
Ok here are the list of all sides, the alliances and burning info:
If anyone thinks we can do better with the alliances or burnings then please leave a suggestion.

1 You. Allied with Side 9 the Kings Guards.
2 Wild Animals. Allied with Elves, Undead, Calamities. They don't burn villages or buildings.
3 Green Outlaws. Allied with Elves. They don't burn villages or buildings.
4 Purple Outlaws. No allies. They have 75% chance for burning a village and they always destroy other buildings.
5 Orcs. No allies. They have 100% chance of burning a village if they don't have a recruiting leader, otherwise they would capture the village to generate income for themselves. Orcs will burn your other buildings.
6 Elves. Allied with the Wild Animals. They won't burn anything.
7 Undead. Allied with the Wild Animals and the Lich Calamity only. They don't burn villages or buildings.
8 Calamity. Allied with wild animals and undead if it is a Lich. They don't burn villages or buildings.
9 King Guards. Allied with You and the wild animals. They don't burn villages or buildings.

There are 6 summer calamities
* Lich.
* Gryphon
* Evil Loyalists (the retired soldiers)
* Saurians.
* Drakes
* Dwarves
And 1 winter calamity.
* Yetis
The Gryphon and Saurians raises the chance of getting a Yeti winter calamity. The others don't.
mateus_70

Post by mateus_70 »

What I'll say is only about medium level, unless explicitly declared otherwise.
Did you keep going after reaching the 2000 gold? Did you feel the 2000 gold goal as reasonable, too low or too high of a bar?
2000 gold is fair. I didn't keep playing after 2000 G.
What did you think of the changing village upkeep support?
It was good I think. But if changes throughout seasons, I suggest putting income and upkeep in all seasons objectives, as sidenote.
Any thoughts about the cost or the number of turns for each building?
I think whatever the values are, they should be somewhat proportional to the units cost. Lets say,
(unit1_cost + unit2_cost)*2 for buildings that enable 2 unit types.
(unit1_cost + 5)*2 for buildings that only have one type of unit.
This is just an brute idea, I don't suggest to put that formulas, but they seem a good reference.
(edit1.a) This is one way of thinking about it, another could be thinking about the usefulness of given units to that situation, this way horses might be cheaper than spearman (/edit1.a)
For the time, I suggest Stable = Library = Armorer = blacksmith = 5 turns. For Bowyer 4turns. This could be changed with levels of course.
Farm, encampment, stone walls and keep of stone were ok.
Should August season have fog?
Do you mean autumn? On medium and easy, no.
What about the number of outlaw groups that spawned (Green and purple)? Too many groups? Too little?
It was ok I guess. I almost didn't note, this means not too many for sure.
village burning in the winter felt too harsh especially since there is 0 income coming from them and you need them for the upkeep which gets doubled in the winter.
Not just because of difficulty, but everyone want food, there is no reason to burn the reserves (unless you're undead...).
Of those 3 which would you prefer?
(This is very personal and not important)
I don't want them to be stronger on medium. I just don't like that they come to my territory to die. They all can, of course, die bravely. But sometimes there weren't enemies on the map, they stayed there for some turns, then the enemies appeared and they died.

* Physical undead should be able to burn villages if the leader can't recruit on medium and hard levels.
Last edited by mateus_70 on February 16th, 2020, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dolorousedd

Post by dolorousedd »

played the latest version before the dark adapt

Resizing of farm is indeed a very good change, makes development of the town more compact.

AMLA loyalty is superb as well, I love having veterans hanging around.

2000 goal is a reasonable target, I made it in the third summer. Would love some more post campaign content implemented if possible

Can you make a designated rendez vous point for the allied troops? I just want to make a resting spot in my town so I can heal them while there are no enemies.

I think there could be random news about the outside world which alters the strengths of different parties each 2 seasons(e.g. orchish invasion of wesnoth, expect strength orc parties; great forest fire, expect elvish force depletion/ wildlife increase)

Building tavern which gets you "quests", that you can send expeditionary force to gain artifacts/gold/"unique" units upon succeed.

Free selection of starting map biome would be awesome as well, like you can choose a mountainous map for better defense at the cost of less grassland, more plain for more land development but harder to defend
mateus_70

Post by mateus_70 »

dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 amI think there could be random news about the outside world which alters the strengths of different parties each 2 seasons(e.g. orchish invasion of wesnoth, expect strength orc parties; great forest fire, expect elvish force depletion/ wildlife increase)

agree
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 amBuilding tavern which gets you "quests", that you can send expeditionary force to gain artifacts/gold/"unique" units upon succeed.
random adventures are good. These adventures will be on that land or in another land? I think both could be done.
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 amFree selection of starting map biome would be awesome as well, like you can choose a mountainous map for better defense at the cost of less grassland, more plain for more land development but harder to defend
agree, but will it allow us to construct directly over hills, mountains, swamps, water? Choosing is good also because you can fight where your skills fits better.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Oh, about the keeps, I don't think the Saurians keep is destructible. So an additional keep in the west is almost always guaranteed.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 11:40 pm It was good I think. But if changes throughout seasons, I suggest putting income and upkeep in all seasons objectives, as sidenote.
It states that in the objectives notes when the farms are supporting more than one, I'll add a note if they aren't. Thanks.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 11:40 pm I think whatever the values are, they should be somewhat proportional to the units cost. Lets say,
(unit1_cost + unit2_cost)*2 for buildings that enable 2 unit types.
(unit1_cost + 5)*2 for buildings that only have one type of unit.
This is just an brute idea, I don't suggest to put that formulas, but they seem a good reference.
(edit1.a) This is one way of thinking about it, another could be thinking about the usefulness of given units to that situation, this way horses might be cheaper than spearman (/edit1.a)
For the time, I suggest Stable = Library = Armorer = blacksmith = 5 turns. For Bowyer 4turns. This could be changed with levels of course.
Farm, encampment, stone walls and keep of stone were ok.
very good suggestions, i'll take them into consideration.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 11:40 pm Do you mean autumn? On medium and easy, no.
Ok, I set autumn to have fog on hard. It'll be in the next update. I don't know why I said August btw.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 11:40 pm It was ok I guess. I almost didn't note, this means not too many for sure.
hmm, on the normal difficulty, every season except for winter there are 2 groups of each, so it's 4 groups in total.
I might bump it up 1 each so it'll be 6 groups each season.
In the winter there are 4 groups of each making it 8 in total.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 11:40 pm Not just because of difficulty, but everyone want food, there is no reason to burn the reserves (unless you're undead...).
Yup.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 11:40 pm (This is very personal and not important)
I don't want them to be stronger on medium. I just don't like that they come to my territory to die. They all can, of course, die bravely. But sometimes there weren't enemies on the map, they stayed there for some turns, then the enemies appeared and they died.
I'm not satisfied myself with the king's guards behavior. I'll address this point later on in this post.
mateus_70 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 11:40 pm * Physical undead should be able to burn villages if the leader can't recruit on medium and hard levels.
I'll see if I can do that without bloating the code because this is set on the SIDE level not the individual UNIT level.
I might make it filter on race or something like that.
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 am played the latest version before the dark adapt
Thank you for trying it out. I think you'll enjoy the dark adepts rune casting addition.
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 am Resizing of farm is indeed a very good change, makes development of the town more compact.

AMLA loyalty is superb as well, I love having veterans hanging around.
Glad you liked it.
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 am 2000 goal is a reasonable target, I made it in the third summer. Would love some more post campaign content implemented if possible
Post campaign additions might be unfair to those who don't want to keep going. But, I'm open for suggestions for what those could be.
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 am Can you make a designated rendez vous point for the allied troops? I just want to make a resting spot in my town so I can heal them while there are no enemies.
The king's guard use the zone_guardian micro_ai. The zone is designated as the area (radius) surrounding your units. If there isn't an enemy around, they'll keep moving randomly and it's difficult to pin them down to heal them. I tried.

The reason I went with the zone_guardian ai is because the alternatives made them much more annoying. usually if there are no enemy on the map then they would stand still and potentially block your way or occupy a construction location.
There is a variable in the zone_guardian ai called station_x,station_y where if there is no enemy, then they would "regroup" to that location. I'll see if I maybe introduced a new building structure for that purpose or maybe designate the nearest Lighthouse as their rendez vous location. No promises though because I don't know if i can pull it off.
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 am I think there could be random news about the outside world which alters the strengths of different parties each 2 seasons(e.g. orchish invasion of wesnoth, expect strength orc parties; great forest fire, expect elvish force depletion/ wildlife increase)
There is already an unused block of code in the original CotF for that purpose that starts random chatter, i'll see if I can expand on that and implement some of these ideas.
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 am Building tavern which gets you "quests", that you can send expeditionary force to gain artifacts/gold/"unique" units upon succeed.
hmm, I'll consider the tavern, but for now, I might make it so that if you defeat an orc leader while they are still capable of recruiting, then you'll either release a new unrecruitable hostage unit (like a shaman) or earn a new artifact item like rings and such. Again, no promises.
dolorousedd wrote: February 16th, 2020, 11:10 am Free selection of starting map biome would be awesome as well, like you can choose a mountainous map for better defense at the cost of less grassland, more plain for more land development but harder to defend
This is not as easy as it sounds. But having said that I am thinking of making the sign posts (N,E,S,W) if accessed by your leader make them take you to another map with slight variations to the biome where you can build a new keep and essentially start over.
N: More mountains
E: More grass
S: More water
W: More trees
Norrec

Post by Norrec »

2000 gold for finishing is okey, but if you implement additional content, it might become a little to easy, but it would be nice if you can make small scenarios that you gives you an option to go and make small raids onto orcs, elves or even humans, or a scenario where an outlaw has a treusre map about an ancient ring/sword /armour and the likes, and you then go there, ofc the information wouldn't be limited to you, so you would have to fight other races there as well, something like that,
at the begining of the game its a little harder, since you get attacked from all sides, and that's good, but after 3/4 years they tend to get weak(note i played before the dark adept) so you deal with them quite easily, maybe adding more number as more seasons pass, or something like that would work, the only exception would be the elves, since they spawn 40 at a time.
Ps. Its my favourite mod for wesnoth out there, i have been playing it for a long time, and this is just the thing it needs
And if posible can you make the labels permenat, they tend to dissappear each season
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Good ideas, I like them.
I will be increasing the number of groups in the future, I just need some time to playtest it first. I see many would like to have expeditions or side quests, it will be time consuming but i'll see how to fit it in.
As for the elves, their numbers depend on how many trees you cut down. It gets reset back to the minimum after each elves group visit, getting 40 is very high indeed. The size of the group is the (number of trees * 1.5) + the minimum if i'm not mistaken. I think the minimum is 6 or 12, i don't remember.

I'm not sure what you mean about making the labels permanent. Do you mean the First Farm and Town center text? I thought they were persistent. I'll check on them again.
Norrec

Post by Norrec »

Quote "I'm not sure what you mean about making the labels permanent."
I mean i put new labels, for a city, and then side cities, small villages and such, it gives an really good edge, when you are sending troops to defend Tyral, and such its a little bit immersive(?) experiance, so when you put new labes, they disappear each season, while the ones from the village and the town center stays, so maybe i am doing something wrong, but i dont know,

yeah i got unlucky and had to cut a lot, i did think that was the case, but they are fine the way they are,
Well, i was just making a reference, there are options where you can go and save a neighbouring town, or go help the elves so you get their troops, and such, i have few ideas for it

I don't know if it's possible to put different events, on the same map, i love the news part that a person mentioned before, i unfortunately don't know any code or how to do adjustments for it, i would help if i could, but if you need ideas and similar, i will gladly help

Ps there is a lot of different modifications out there like the artifact mod, where your leader can create artifacts, which would work wonder with the side quests and such, i don't know if that is helpful or not

Well to add difficulty for later games for those that don't want to stop, you can always make that in the fifth year, you get a true orcish invasion, or a real elvish army, and and usurper (for the loyalist) and such
dolorousedd

Post by dolorousedd »

at this rate this is gonna be rimworld of wesnoth lol
OTna

Post by OTna »

Hi, I have been playing on pioneer for a while and there are a few suggestions I would like to make:
-The difficulty: The game is the hardest at the beginning and by the second year, things have gotten much easier since you now have high level troops. For example, on my latest game, I played 'til the seventh year but the amount of enemies didn't increase much. I expected outlaws, orcs and necromancers to spawn from all corner at once in vast quantities and qualities yet only one or two groups of foe appear every season - which was too weak compared to my grizzly veterans. This is a very strange game design. Perhaps after a set number of year, there should be end-game events such as:
+civil war: a bunch of renegades storm your city from within while you have to fight approaching armies of outlaws
+orc invasion: the southern, northern and eastern of the map are besieged by orcs and you have to survive against their hordes
+undead invasion: undead rises inside your city walls while necromancers, liches, vampires and other abominations march toward your gate
etc...
There should be different restrictions while dealing with these end-game events. Such as a 'sieged' status which makes food scare and you can only field a certain number of troops depending on how many farms you have (one farm can support 3 level 1 units/ 1 level 1 unit and 1 level 2 unit/ 1 level 3 unit/ …). If the number of troops exceed the limit by 1-10, all your troops will lose 10 hp/turn, 11-20 lose 15 hp/turn and so on. However, if this mechanic is too hard to implement, then maybe just make every unit cost more to maintain, including loyal units.
-The gold: getting to 2000 gold is very easy, even if you don’t expand to the surrounding areas. The problem is that your town can hoard an absurd amount of wealth and there is no consequences to it. There should be an emissary unit that you have to protect and taxes you gold starting from the beginning of the second year based on how much gold you have:
+ <2000 gold: taxes you 10% of your gold
+ 2000-4000 gold: taxes you 20% of your gold
+ 4000-5000 gold: taxes you 30% of your gold
+ >5000 gold: taxes you 50% of your gold with the excuse of “we sponsored you ealier, so now you have to pay the interest”
The quantities and qualities of outlaws, orcs and necromancers should also increase depending on how much gold/how many farms you have, since they know that it takes a large force to attack.
-Summer calamity: the lich and dwarve calamity didn’t have any dialog (I don’t know if this was intended). If there are no end-game events, then maybe make later summer calamities spawn several groups of threats at once?
-Troops: heavy infantry is superior compared to spearman/bowman and almost everything else. The combo of iron mauler + grand marshal’s leadership + lighthouse while defending a location that is surrounded by water/mud = everything dies. Heavy infantry is also the most reliable option in winter since they are so damn tough. Of course, if the end-game throw max level enemies at you then heavy infantry wouldn’t be enough, but at the moment enemies only have 1 level 3 unit each.

There are many other things that I would like to add to make this mod even more lively (such as the emissary can offer features like ‘requesting for reinforcement from the kingdom’, ‘establish caravan trade’, ‘diplomacy with the elves/orcs/…’) but I think that the above is already plentiful. Hopefull this post will be able to help you further develop this awesome add-on.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Wow these are amazing ideas, I love them. Keep them coming.

I will respond to each one of you in an another post but for now I want to lay out what I am working on that keeps me busy for the time being.
Spoiler:
Last edited by vghetto on April 2nd, 2020, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.