the dark master

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

DukeSwampy

Re: the dark master

Post by DukeSwampy »

Hey, just played this campaign. But I've found some typos between first scenario until the scenario 'Deep Path' (I think) :hmm:
Issue: Okay, I don't think Quer'Krath is not problem about his AMLAs.
Edit: Modified Elvish Archer is supposed to be name unit "Demonic Elvish Archer" and its line advancements. (I guess it was female gender)
Edit2 : Rodd's name unit (not from the main name) is supposed to be "Dark Legionnaire"

Lua Error: When Anlinde dies, it pops up:

Code: Select all

<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
Lua Error 2: When starting scenario Apocalypse, it appears on the top-left:

Code: Select all

<invalid WML found> [event] is missing name or id field
Last edited by DukeSwampy on June 15th, 2020, 5:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)

StellarStar

Post by StellarStar »

In the scenario struggle, I managed to escape by going to 84,16 and 88,16. I doubt that is the correct way to escape.Its cause if you go onto y16 you win. Also in the scenario First Confrontation I do not have Rott. Is he supposed to be missing even though his death is listed as a lost condition? Is he supposed to come later?

DukeSwampy

Post by DukeSwampy »

StellarStar wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 9:21 am
In the scenario struggle, I managed to escape by going to 84,16 and 88,16. I doubt that is the correct way to escape.Its cause if you go onto y16 you win.
Indeed, I have feeling too...
StellarStar wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 9:21 am
Also in the scenario First Confrontation I do not have Rott. Is he supposed to be missing even though his death is listed as a lost condition? Is he supposed to come later?
Yes, actually he'll come later...

Scenario:
Ruins of Orcish City:
The issue is same as what white_haired_uncle said. So I suggest increase the allies' starting gold (including Green's and Blue's side. Not problem about my starting gold because previous scenario gold carryover is very important (Needs too much).

Revolution:
When Elynia takes the staff item beneath the Skeletal dragon, can't be equipped.

Tunnels:
The eruptions are very annoying to me because it has been buffed too much. Reduce the eruption amount hexes.

Donjon of Evil (Second Part):
Several Demon leaders doesn't have their army recruits, it was easier for me to defeat them. Better to buff them anyway.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)

dimosok1

Post by dimosok1 »

The paladin that you free in the third scenario has a problem with light magic spell advancement and is making it infinite. The advancement is called caster of magic and it is bugged.

Ascrix

Post by Ascrix »

I'm currently playing the Dark Master and enjoying it but the translation is often jarring.

Would you be interested in a different, slightly 'smoother' wording of the dialog??

I would be happy to provide several scenarios and, if you like them, I can provide more.

Keep up the good work...

Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

@hermestrismi:
First of all, thank you for this campaign! I wanted to help you in some way, so I wrote a sort of review/analysis. I will sometimes refer to Invasion from the Unknown (ItfU), After the Storm (AtS), and Under the Burning Suns (UtBS). The Dark Master will be shortened in TDM (captain obvious is here, is he not?).

My comments may sound harsh, but I really wanted to give the more complete feedback I could to you. So, I will say what I liked and what I disliked without hiding anything.

My review will be in four parts : Overall (where you can read a short version of my comments), Story (where I commented the story of TDM), Scenarios (where I tried to focus on each scenario to analyze them a little), and How to improve your campaign (where I shortened my comments/ideas to help you improve TDM). As my comments contain massive spoilers for TDM - and some for IftU, AtS and UtBS - I placed them all in Spoilers.

Overall:
Spoiler:
Story:
Spoiler:
Scenarios:
Spoiler:
So, how to improve this campaign?
Spoiler:
Once again, thank you for your work in TDM! I hope my comments will help you.
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.